News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Harry Potter TCG

Started by mathman1550, November 20, 2009, 10:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathman1550

Trevor, I found a bug in my 'high' updatelist, but don't seem to have the right password to get in and correct it. Could you contact me some time and get the password reset, or tell me the right password?
Or you could change it yourself, just change every instance of the word medium to high.
Thanks
AIM: mathman1550

mathman1550

OK, the error with the 'high' plugin has been fixed.
Thanks Trevor for getting back to me.
If you have the high plugin and were having difficulties with card size, run update.

spartan116chris

Does anyone else play harry potter on lackey? ive seen pretty much 2 other ppl playing once. it would b nice to find sum ppl interested in playing harry potter  :)

Dr. Zaj

Not many people play it because it's not that good.

Cyrus

Quote from: Dr. Zaj on June 29, 2011, 09:00:45 PM
Not many people play it because it's not that good.

If it wouldn't be such a waste of Alastair/Trevor's time for me to report this, I would.

spartan116chris

well evryones allowed there own opinion. me and my cousin think its a very good ccg however and cant understand y it was canceled. it seemed to sell decently and harry potter is a big license. but the game is also fun to play on many levels

Cyrus

My only complaint is that it doesn't really capture the whole essence of Harry Potter and is only a duel game, but that's my complaint with everything apparently :P

Last time I tried to play on Lackey I quickly got destroyed by some crazy character based deck. I then decided I didn't feel like trying to build a competitive deck. I wouldn't mind giving it a go again sometime though, I can handle getting mercilessly stomped from time to time.

Oh and I only said I'd report that post because it was so blatantly trolling

spartan116chris

yes i appreciated the sentiment. after all if u dont like a card game then dont play it. no sense in stomping on sumone elses good fun just cuz u can.

lol i do see u dont favor battle centric ccg's. i think harry potter is a little more open than most tho which is another reason i love it. sure u have the spells and creatures an potions to damage ur oponent. but u also have locations to alter the playstyle, adventures to add pretty nasty weighing of risk/reward scenarios, and match cards which can force players to abandon present strategy and race to claim the reward.

definitley a very fun game with many viable strategies

Cyrus

Oh yeah I forgot about adventure cards, those were cool, and locations. I don't think I ever saw any match cards though, must've been in a set I don't have much of

mathman1550

As the creator of the plugin it goes (almost) without saying that I really enjoy this game. I think it may have been my crazy character deck that annoyed Cyrus so thoroughly. I too wish they would have continued production, but what can you do.
I'm always open to a game of HPTCG, but always forget to get on Lackey to see if anyone is willing to play because so often I can never find an opponent willing to play HP. Maybe we should initiate a "Dead games" day when everyone who wants to play these less used plugins can get on and find each other.
Trent

spartan116chris

thats a great idea. of course netime im on im always willing to play sum harry potter. i get bored of magic quickly. but ya netime u wana play im down. an my cousin plays too so im sure he will b just as interested

Cyrus

Haha I didn't say annoyed, just destroyed!