Fixing Sailor Moon TCG. (no idea where I should put this...)

Started by infinitehope, November 22, 2009, 02:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infinitehope

Sorry, not sure where this goes. But since sailor moon tcg/ccg is a plug in, I'd thought I'd take the time to "fix" alot of the brokenness of the game.

The only offical errata is Sailor Pluto:

One Per Deck, Remove from game after use.

===
Addional clarifcations to rules existing:

If you have no monsters out (or if you only have villans out) your oppenent may auto-defeate a monster they have out as long as there scout/knight has the color of power they are (soul/body/mind) on them, Andrew does work for this. If they auto defeat there own monster it counts as a VP for them.

This IS an attack by said Scout/Knight, and so still happens at the end of a step and cant be combined with rejuvation unless you play a card (good nights rest) to alow for it.

(this claraifcation is neaded for some decks to work, and to give people a reasion to include, and keep out a monster at all times) This was as far as I can recall an offical rule.

-----------

The rest of these ideas are to fix brokeness of the game that I experanced or found when playing it.
--------------
When its your turn, you can not draw from your deck if you have no deck: You are not alowed to reshuffle discard into a new deck untill you end your turn.
-----
You may use Chad once a turn.
-----
Your Lunaball can not copy a Lunaball.
---------
Negitive Engery shield now reads "Reduce dammage by 30"
---------
Fooled By the Enemey now only does 20 Dammage.
---------
Confusion does not alow the "Artimis" player to get 1 extra card.
--------
Hidden can only be used on a monster or villan once, place it next to the monster/villan to show its been used for them. Its effect is "off" if a new Hidden is played.
--------
Locations not on monsters/villans can not be moved by cards that would move them.
--------
Princess Dimand can target Locations even if they are not on monster/villan cards.
--------
Leveling up a Scout/Knight may only be done once after it has been out a turn, unless a card alows you to level it up (Imperum Silver Crystal)
-------

This fixes alot of issues... but its really up to the players to deside if these rules are neaded or not.

Tokimo

There are some official rulings on some of this: http://www.lethesbanks.com/Moon/smccgfaq.html The only thing you have here that's not official that I really support is the Pluto limit 1.

Sailor Pluto being removed from the game is official, but the limit of 1 is not. Such a limit is probably a good idea since Pluto is insane. (I'm not even sure pluto should be legal at all. Consider this: Play a monster, kill their last monster, drop pluto, next turn upgrade to a villain, win)

There are rules on what happens if your opponent doesn't have monsters in play on this page that are official, they were not in the rule book.

As for the house rules:

Forcing someone to hold their cram schools instead of using them doesn't seem very helpful, perhaps a hard limit on playing 4 cram school events per turn would make more sense?

Chad and Melvin comboing to pull two cards from the discard pile doesn't seem offensive. Is there a deeper combo than this?

Lunaball's copying lunaballs doesn't hurt anyone, does it?

I presume you're concerned about Sapphire + Negative Energy Shield combos?

Confusion and Artemis has an official ruling, you draw 6 cards.

Not sure on the Hidden.

I see no reason to not let you spam level your senshi, allows for more combos.

infinitehope

I might be wrong about Pluto being officaly erratated to 1 i swore i recalled that from the offical page thats long since dead.

Cram school - well you can have 4 per deck and play it during your turn... the rule that i'm sugesting for the deck is that if you have ZERO deck (i've done this) then you can not cram school and draw from the (new deck made from reshuffling the discard into the deck)

Why you ask?

Lets assume I have no deck. I play cram school. Cram school hits discard. I draw new discard/deck.

No issue so far assuming I had a big discard pile AS well... now here is where this breaks the game... if I have no discard/no deck (everything is in play or my hand... yes i've done this!)

now play... lets say "Dark Crystal" Now all my mosters get +30 attack. Lets just say I only have 1 monster to boot.

Now , "Dark Crystal" hits discard.
I play "cram school." My discard becomes deck. I draw Dark Crystal and Cram School. I do this (x) meny times in a row, making my monster have +30 attack each time.

Now I play "Taunt" if I lose, I cram school it, and play it untill I win. Then you attack my monster, and my insain attack kills you. I repeat above untill I win.

Thus I implemented my house rull that you can not draw if you have no deck untill you end your turn.

---------

Chad + Multi-chad / and or Cram School...

Chat only works at the start of your turn at least if you play how its writen. But just in case Pluto came out and you could retrive something from discard, I dont want Chad duplacated... just in case.
----------

Lunaball = Lunaball. = pointless. Outlawed due to poinless "infinite lunaball making lunaball" plays that people sometimes do to "stall" for time in a timed game, this is more for tourments - in house play you kick someone when they do this , still worthwill to add this rull.

------

QuoteI presume you're concerned about Sapphire + Negative Energy Shield combos?

No. Negitive engery shield reduces dammage to 30. This is just too good. This +3 engerys = zero dammge. This +Wicked Queen + Knights you dont care about = 10 dmg to 3 Knights you didnt care about zero to your monster.. this is just a broken card. Its too good.

My version would read "Reduce dammage taken by 30" this would make the card good, but not horrably broken.

-------

QuoteConfusion and Artemis has an official ruling, you draw 6 cards.
I am aware of this. I would sugest it nerfed. Artemis is super powerfull allready. I really feel that Confusion is a great way to disrupt your opoent, and as such, Artemis gets confused as well.

-------

Hidden is the most broken card. Hands down. I will not explain why. You can play agenst my deck thats never been beaten and see just how messed up this card is. Trust me on this, Hidden is too powerfull.

------

Spam Level Senshi/Knights... same as above decks I've built to take advanage of the rules as they currently stand are power-houses, but not as broken with the changes I've sugested... perhaps you've never played messed up in the head decks, and as such you will have to just experance the insainty.
-------
The other things are all to make the decks I've made less broken.
Again, perhaps you just have to see the decks and play agenst them to understand why I'm sugesting these changes.

And I can't wait to play again! even if we do agree to the above changes, it will be nice to play my decks again!
The messed up evil broken decks of doom lol.

Tokimo

I am aware of emptying both your deck and discard pile and looping through enough to pull additional cram schools. I think a limit on the number of cram schools you can play per turn should suffice to block that without making a cram school at the end of your deck a bother (then again, cram school is just too good as it is).

Artemis is too powerful, but I wonder if the solution might be to actually change Artemis to not be Artemis so no senshi start with him in play.

infinitehope

Humm, no that wouldnt really solve the issue of loop.
Even if I could only do 4 cram school a turn that would ponentaly meen that I looped Dark Crystal 5 times. +150 dmg to any monster. Loops are really bad for games.
I meen, its a possiblity to fix it, I would sugest testing both ideas as they have merrit.
Artemis is V's starting guy - I always play as V unless I'm going for a pure scout deck with only one scout. But , here I'd just limit him to get a bit hit up by confusion.

I thought of adding JKP to Sailor Pluto and having it one per deck.

Tokimo

I'm aware that Artemis is V's starting PIE item. What I meant was changing some of the cards around so Artemis had different rules, and some other card got the rules for Artemis (perhaps swapping Andrew and Artemis, Andrew is no where near as imba)

infinitehope

Andrew provides a function that he didnt in the show, but honestly, most of the cards do anyway!  :D

Tokimo

Right, the thought being that neither Andrew or Artemis have powers that are meaningful in relation to the universe, swapping those two characters might help bring Sailor Venus down from her world crushing high. Then of course you'd need to change Sailor Moon's item to Disguise Pen or something, since Melvin is 90% as good as Artemis.

infinitehope

I almost always forget to use Melvin and felt that Sailor Moon should start with Luna in play.