News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Update failing

Started by Baneral, July 28, 2010, 03:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baneral

So, everytime I try to download a plug-in, all I get is

Error: timed out while updating the plugin.

Any suggestions on fixing this?

Adalam

Download the MTG plugin first. Then start updating your plugins.

Trevor

Quote from: Adalam on July 28, 2010, 05:32:36 PM
Download the MTG plugin first. Then start updating your plugins.
That has nothing to do with anything.

What plugin are you trying to download? Specifically, what URL are you using?

MasterYoda

Alastair

The same question that Trevor asked applies to you Yoda.

futurepants

there is definately something wrong.

I tried a naruto list posted in the forums and on the guys website, the FMA update and even the yugioh one.

No update list is working, and my anti-virus shows that the lackey process is not even attempting to do anything, it showed something like 600 bytes sent 0 bytes recieved

600 bytes isnt enough for lackey to communicate with anything, let alone access an update list.

Something is fundementally broken with this program or some internal server, I don't know how lackeys update system works but I can verify that nothing works for me.

Bob the Builder

having the same problem, this is a fresh install on wibndows 7.. the url is the angelfire funky one.. will try to post it

Bob the Builder

http://www.angelfire.com/funky/magiclackey/high/updatelist.txt this is the magic link.. but i get the same error message for everything

Alastair

I'm able to update magic using the specified URL there without a problem on two different computers, two different ISP's. By any chance are you using AVG for your antivirus? AVG seems to block some things it shouldn't every couple of months. There's also the possibility that you have a firewall either on your system or on your router/gateway that's preventing Lackey from updating the plugin properly.

Bob the Builder

I just deleted all my anti virus and firewall programs, and deleted AVG, still getting the plugin timing out error. anyone playing lackey on windows 7. i really want to be able to play.. just have few options

Rexozord

Possible solution: I was also having this problem for LackeyCCG on Windows 7. (It wouldn't download anything... cards, update the plugin list... anything.) Run the program as an administrator. I was sad it took me a few minutes before trying it, and after running as Administrator, there wasn't any more problems.

Bob the Builder

new to windows 7 .. how do i run it as administrator.?