News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Revising/Editting/Updating Cards

Started by Balder1718, July 29, 2010, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balder1718

Since I've started paying here, using the Doomtown plug-in, I've found some errors on the cards included in the plug-in.  It's been awhile since the plug-in was put up here, and some of these errors have already been noted in the Doomtown thread, but no one's stepped up to update the plug-in or correct things, etc.

I was wondering what it takes to edit a plug-in.  Is it something that anyone can do easily with the right files, like updating a database or something?  I'm not SUPER-tech and programming savvy or anything, but if most of the work has already been done, can someone like me fine tune it to make it right?

Looking for some thoughts/advice here.  If nothing can be done, we'll just continue trying to remember where the mistakes are, but it would be nice to be able to fix them.

Hunt3r

Firstly, I dunno if it's different for some plugins and not others.

For any plugin I've looked at, if you open the plugin folder there should be a file called something like "cardinfo.txt" or something, in the sets folder. If you're going to mess with it, first thing you should do is save a copy of it somewhere so you don't mess anything up.

You can open it in a spreadsheet, and it should have everything nicely organized and sorted. Then, you just need to figure out what the number values mean and what goes where (not difficult at all if you're familiar at all with the cards) and edit as appropriate.

If it works, you can just replace the old file. Then, just make sure everyone's using the same txt file.

Think that's about it, hope it helps you.