News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card Design

Started by Magister, August 31, 2010, 06:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magister

What graphic programs are people using to create card designs? I've seen some fairly polished images on the forums here and I'd love to start creating some of my own. Is there a program that allows you to craft symbols and card backgrounds as templates and then use them over and over? Or are people just using basic programs to do essentially the same thing? Thanks in advance.

- Magister

briggs

I use photoshop, used to use gimp (free program).
However, it's not just the program. I've been doing graphic design for 4 years now, it takes experience and knowledge to make stuff like I do ;)

Magister

I've used various programs over the years. I suppose I should just ask for mass-producing strategies. I was thinking stock card templates and stock symbols and just construct every card individually, but I was hoping there was an easier way. Nice images btw Briggs.

Snooby

Any GFX program which uses layers e.g. Gimp, Photoshop (as Briggs mentioned above)
Personally, I prefer a bespoke Card Generator written in VB or similar (A technique I used quite often to create plugins for games which had no/few/varied images available, e.g. Doomtown, Chaotic, Cyberpunk, Battletech (until I finally managed to find enough people to scan them) because I have no artistic talent :)

Magister

Anybody know how to create/add your own card templates to Magic Set Editor 2 or CCG Maker? Any help would be appreciated.

Dragoon

I know how to add card templates to MSE2.. However, you need some basic programming language knowledge.. Also, you need the dvorak template as a base.

Warning: DON'T BASE ON THE MAGIC TEMPLATE!

More information will follow..