News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

What it takes...

Started by Magister, September 27, 2010, 06:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magister

I've been working on a game I hope some of us will enjoy and I don't want to be just another guy using MTG templates...totally lame. With that said, I have very little skill with Gimp and no knowledge of coding, but I'm determined to make my own card templates for MSE2. Anybody know of a simple to follow tutorial on how to make a template for MSE2? I've searched the internet but there doesn't seem to be a decent one and I figured if anybody knew, it would be you guys. Maybe just let me know what language it uses and I'll figure it out from there. Any help is good help.

-Magister

innuendo

http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/node/1677

You might try asking on mse forums...who would have thunk to look there ;)  That link should be easy enough to follow

Magister

This forum is home to me, and as helpful as checking out MSE's forums could be I thought I'd ask my community since everyone is so cool here. I appreciate the link, hopefully it will help.

Tokimo

The MSE template is actually pretty simple. The art is far harder than the coding. I would be willing to walk you through the process of building a template (don't know any tutorials).

Unfortunately the MTG templates don't make good learning guides. If you post more details about what you're trying to do I'll try to establish steps to get there.

1) Design your card
2) Create an image of the card, the more layers you can keep it in, the better for now.

Magister

That would be amazing Tokimo. I've been playing with several different card layouts and haven't found one that I truly like yet but I'm getting closer. It's hard finding a place for a faction symbol, type symbol, and four stats (five for some). I'm not terribly good at card design so it's really a struggle, but I'd love the help with MSE. Hopefully I'll have the bare bones of the card design finished soon and then I'll be dying for some help, so thanks in advance.