Public test of the new Lackey. Test it out, if ye be brave...

Started by Trevor, October 11, 2010, 06:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I am posting the new version of Lackey now. This is not an official release. I completely redid the networking, among other things, and I'm not completely sure that everything is working. Since this is not a full official release, there are a few extra things you should know...

If you aren't slightly adventurous, you might want to ignore this. You need to take a few more (albeit simple) steps to get things working.

I am just releasing the application, not the whole Lackey folder. All you need to do is unzip this version and put it into an existing Lackey folder. Note that you need not delete your old Lackey exe.

The old Lackey and old Lackey Server will continue to work exactly as it did before.

When using the new Lackey, you will need to connect to the Lackey server directly. In the server panel, you will need to enter in the IP 66.65.20.193 and use port 25712. Note that the new Lackey uses a new default port of 25712 for the server to connect to. You don't need to change any of your firewall settings because of this though.

The old Lackey and the new Lackey are completely incompatible. But if you see someone on the server, you can be assured that they are using the new Lackey. But if you try to direct connect to someone's game without using the server, if they aren't using the new Lackey, it won't work.

If you are hosting a game without using the server as a proxy server (which you should try to do), you need to open both TCP and UDP ports. The old Lackey requires you to just open the TCP port.

Although I have tested things and things appear to be working, stuff might not work. That's the whole point. Please report bugs in this thread.

One of the new things is accounts and account registration that I am testing. As such, I am issuing all testers temporary accounts. You do NOT need to make an account, but doing so allows you to save your name so no one else can use it. If you want a temporary account, email trevor@lackeyccg.com with "Lackey Account Request" as the email title. Email me your account name, email address, and a temporary password that you want. These accounts are temporary and they will get wiped when I make the new Lackey version the official version.

I will try to keep the server up all the time. If things are majorly screwed up, I will post in this thread about it and the new server may be down in that case.

There are several new features which I will list later, but right now I am mostly concerned with making sure the previous functionality is restored.

I am particularly interested in hearing if the new version simply does not launch, or if it crashes, or things of that nature. If you experience a bug, please let me know as much specific information as possible so that I can fix it.

The links for the windows and mac version applications are:
http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGWin.zip
http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGMac.zip

Trevor

I tested some stuff with Alash. There are a few minor bugs. "Add X" counters to a card is buggy, but incrementing counters with the + button works fine. And Reveal X cards functionality has a few bugs. I'll fix those bugs as well as any other bugs I get a report on and post a new version tomorrow.

Alash

Don't forget to fix the bug where putting card(s) on top or bottom does the opposite thing.

Also I'm not sure having you manually create accounts is the ideal solution to the issue of unique IDs. Wouldn't it be easier for both parts if the box where you fill in your name checked the server if that name is already taken?

Other than that I'm already liking the new patch.

Trevor

Quote from: Alash on October 11, 2010, 08:01:37 AM
Don't forget to fix the bug where putting card(s) on top or bottom does the opposite thing.

Also I'm not sure having you manually create accounts is the ideal solution to the issue of unique IDs. Wouldn't it be easier for both parts if the box where you fill in your name checked the server if that name is already taken?

Other than that I'm already liking the new patch.
The top/bottom issue is part of the Reveal X bug I mentioned. I am still figuring out how I will handle account creation automation.

countcb

The new Lackey does not work under Linux with wine anymore.
It crashes with this message:

Runtime Error!

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's supprt team for more information.

Trevor

Quote from: countcb on October 11, 2010, 08:07:26 PM
The new Lackey does not work under Linux with wine anymore.
It crashes with this message:

Runtime Error!

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's supprt team for more information.
That's not good news. I'm not testing linux at the moment. At present, linux isn't officially supported. I'll try to make sure at least WINE works.

Trevor

I just posted a new version. The build date should say 10-12-10. I believe I've fixed all the bugs people reported. Let me know if you find any bugs.

TheBuck

Adalam

Hey, can't use the Yu-Gi-Oh! Plugin at all. Lackey crashes every time.

Trevor

Quote from: Adalam on October 11, 2010, 10:09:10 PM
Hey, can't use the Yu-Gi-Oh! Plugin at all. Lackey crashes every time.
Any other plugin give you issues, or just that one? Try deleting your prefs.txt file.

Adalam

Trevor

The new PM works like so. There are 2 ways you can private message someone. Either select their name in the player list and hit the Send whisper button, or do a command like "/t Trevor" to start whispering to trevor. /w also works. You don't need to type in their entire name.

Adalam

Cool. Anyway, still having trouble with Yu-Gi-Oh!, maybe it needs to be updated or something, I dunno.

Trevor

Quote from: Adalam on October 11, 2010, 10:15:29 PM
Cool. Anyway, still having trouble with Yu-Gi-Oh!, maybe it needs to be updated or something, I dunno.
Should work now.

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on October 11, 2010, 10:39:36 PM
Quote from: Adalam on October 11, 2010, 10:15:29 PM
Should work now.
OK... now it should work.