News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Mac OSX Server Problem

Started by squirrelfiend, October 26, 2010, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelfiend

I'm sorry if this has been talked about before, but I cannot find a solution. Whenever I try to refresh the server list or connect to a server, the pinwheel spins for about 20 seconds and then it says the server must be offline. I was wondering if this is a common problem or if there is a way to fix this. Thank you.

Alastair

Are you trying the old version from last year or the new test release that's being beta'd now?

Trevor

THe new one doesn't have a busy wait (pinwheel), so he must be using the old one. Maybe he was trying when the server was down. It's been up for a while though as far as I can recall.

Try again.

squirrelfiend

I've tried again both with the old version as well as the new beta, and it just keeps saying:
::Attempting to connect to server.....
::Connection attempt failed.

Trevor

Quote from: squirrelfiend on October 27, 2010, 09:48:51 AM
I've tried again both with the old version as well as the new beta, and it just keeps saying:
::Attempting to connect to server.....
::Connection attempt failed.
You know you can't connect with them the same way, right? THe new one requires you to manually enter in the IP and port. The old one just requires you to click the "Refresh Server List from Tracker" button. Are you behind a firewall?

squirrelfiend

I know you can't connect them the same way. I manually entered the IP and port, and it didn't work. Maybe my school's computer network hates me and my desire to use this program.

Trevor

Some school networks are really anal about what they allow on the network. Can you connect to other multiplayer games?

If your school flat out bans outward connections, I don't know if there is anything you can do.

dialectric

I just installed for the first time on OSX a few days ago and am getting a similar problem, but intermittently.

The 'about' shows Lackey version  0.091014. The main screen shows LackeyCCG Mac - Build Date 10-14-09 at the top. It was installed using the LackeyCCGBetaMac.zip file from the site. I am on a static-ip broadband connection with no firewalls to my knowledge, and a similar issue happens: clicking 'refresh server list' will cause 'Lackey Server (Beta)' to show up in the 'select server to join' section, but clicking on 'connect to server from tracker' results in an error message, the server may be offline, after about a 20 second wait. I have gotten through to the server twice, and was able to play once there, but many more times I have gotten the error.

And a suggestion drawn from OpenTTD (transportation game) servers - it would be a great feature of the website to have it auto-update with the current status of the server.

-dialectric 

Alastair

That's the old version. The new one undergoing testing at this time has a completely rewritten network core, with many other improvements. See the beta thread in the beta forum.

Trevor

When you at testing, make sure the server is up. Right now my Internet is being repaired so both the old and new servers are offline.