News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Feature Request: Filters

Started by Skye, November 27, 2009, 01:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skye

So, this is a request for the filters part of the Deck Editor.

I've been playing around with this, in effect to see what can be done using Filters.

Right now, you can use some filters multiple times, to narrow the search pattern, but others won't allow this.

Name, Set, and Type all work together, for example.

You can put in two type filters. For say, Machine and Effect, to use the Yugioh plugin in my example.

And it will list all cards that have both Machine and Effect in the Type area.

However, this doesn't work for Attributes. You can only sort these by one at a time.

I was wondering if this could be added or worked in?

Basically where you can have two filters for Attribute, let's say Light and Wind, and it will list all cards with either of the two.

Alastair

If I understand ya right, that's something that'll be handled by the Yugioh plugin maintainer. Depending on how the plugin is setup, he/she can probly do it in short order.

And I just realized you are the plugin maintainer ;) Off hand I'am not sure why it wouldnt work for ya with Yugioh, it does work with Doctor Who, Stargate and Star Trek 2E.

Skye

I dunno.

I tried it like this:

On - Attribute - contains - Wind
On - Attribute - contains - Dark

From the way I see how it works, first it sorts out all the Wind cards. Then when it comes time to sort out Dark ones, it's only sorting from the group of Wind cards. So no Dark ones exist, and it jumps to 0.

I believe I see now why this works with Type.

On type, the types are all grouped together.
Like this: Machine/Effect
So if you have Type search for effect, all Effect cards are listed. These cards also have stuff like Rock, Pyro, and Machine.
So if the second Type filter is Machine, it further restricts the search by listing only those that have Machine and Effect.

So I don't think you could have this work otherwise.

I'm mainly just trying to work it so that you can search for card types more effectively.

Another example I did was for the Attack and Defense ratings. I did one that said "Attack is > 500" and it cut out every card below 500. The second one was "Attack is < 2000" and it cut out all above 2000, leaving me with a range of 500-2000 on Attack.

I'm going to try to arrange things so that the search ability is increased, with my next update.

Tokimo

Remember you can search for not contains as well. So to use magic, if you wanted to make a RW&U deck you can search for color not contains A, color not contains B, color not contains G.

Skye

I know that, but when you do that, you can really bog down the filters.

It might be better if you could add in "or" conditions as well. To be included with the one above it.

In Yugioh, there are like 15+ types. You can't setup 13 filters to "not contain" a type, just so you can see two. That's a lot of needless work.

So you could add in an or condition, to be run against the one above it.

Type contains Machine
Type or contains Plant

So if they had Machine or Plant, they'd show.

Of course, a better way would be to add a second option area in the filter itself, to setup multiple groups.

Type contains Machine or/and Plant

Where the second conditional is "or" or "and"

Machine and Plant would be searching for Machine and Plant in the same column, while Machine or Plant would be searching for either.

The second conditional could allow for better customization, I would think.