News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New plugin testing

Started by Howl, November 27, 2009, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

ok the plugin is called Fantasy .. a mixture of magic .. and ... DM... and ... some other games... .. send me an.. email for the download.. idk... 8619ROCK.COM

Howl

wow i looked at that .. and it was a terrible explanatin.. ok.. if ur looking for a new game to play. .other than magic all the time.. and one that you can .. participate in its creation... then .. hmm why not try this one... it has mechanics from numerous games to add to its fun... and... is willing for ... so much more... its kind of a universal game..

Howl

here are some cards......art from random ... internet searches
Flickering ( At the end of each turn remove this card from play. Then Place it back into play at the beggining of each turn. This cycle ends when this card enters a graveyard, If this card is removed from play ,this cycle continues) and some of these cards are to rediculous to be real.. thats the whole fun of it...

[attachment deleted by admin due to disk space availablility]

Alastair

I like the general layout and style of the cards. Not sure if I've got the time and motivation to get involved with yet another CCG though.

TheBuck

Something tells me its going to play just like MTG.

Tokimo

I'm pretty sure magic doesn't have instants that make sustained enchantment like effects that give your cards indestructible <color>.

Although, seriously, it looks like you're just making a magic expansion. I'd recommend actually making a magic expansion instead of making it into a 'different card game'

It would be kinda cool if Lackey would let us make custom cards and use them dynamically with a player who hasn't downloaded anything, although I'm not sure it'd get that much use.

Howl

well i thought of that.. but i wanted soo much more mechanics in magic that just arent there.... .. yes there .. are... magic "like" mechanics.. but ... there are things from other games. to ..

Tokimo

Quote from: Howl on November 28, 2009, 12:16:05 PM
Well I thought of that... but I wanted more mechanics than just the ones in Magic... Yes there... are... Magic mechanics in it... but... there are things from other games too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

That aside and out of the way, Magic expansions continually add new mechanics. The only mechanics you've shown us could easily be added in a custom set. Do you have any mechanics that change fundamental gameplay planned?

Howl

mhm... and .. i dont like the whole... one land a turn .. thing... soo i took that out.. it leads to a faster paced game.. and... i raised the limit to the number... of same cards you can have in a legal deck in this game... its 6 .. in this one..

Howl

and different zones to .. flight.. concealed.. and juss normal..(for creatures) and later on possibly even more... its just me and a friend currently making this .. but.. ideas would be .. ideal..

Howl

here is two more.. one win condition in this game is the 1st player to reach 120 life... desintegrate works with flickering cause the flickering process continues if the creature is removed from play... so  on your opp.. turn you have up to 6 flickering creatures ready to defend... and .. interrupt land.. idk i thought it was cool so we added it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disk space availablility]

Howl

oh the elipsses thing.. yeah i have a really.. bad habit of ding that...

SugimoriDesu

This seems really disjointed, Howl.

Magic is complex enough without extra zones and a keyword with two different reminder texts and rules sets. If you're going to make something that looks like magic, plays like magic, and feels like magic, then just make this a custom set FOR Magic.

Howl

oh.. ok... heh .... well it dsnt play exactly like magic .. simiair in a way .. but not exactly...  the zones dont add to complexity .. it juss seperates.. fliers from reg.. creatures.. and the Concealed creatures... With Keyword (Concealed) from each other.. juss so that confusion doesnt get to anyone

Howl