News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New plugin testing

Started by Howl, November 27, 2009, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuck

Ok Howl can you please stop with all the ... ... ...s
2nd I like the fact that you are making you own game but so far based on what I have seen this is nothing more than MTG with diff art.
3) Show us some cards that are not like anything in MTG

Howl

that i will do. and its a habit. ther i ddnt do it.

SugimoriDesu

Hey, If it's his habit, then it's not his fault that he uses the elipses alot. It is annoying, but if it's a habit, there's not much we can do about it :D

In all truth, i don't see the need for different zones for fliers. That would be like forcing the Japanese self-defense force to fight Godzilla while stuck in a subway without any way to get to the surface: It makes no sense to me. Conceal could be used as another form of evasion (like Flying and Horsemanship).

It's great that you're trying to make your own game, but really, your whole idea is falling a bit short. You'll figure something out, though.

SugimoriDesu

Hehehe, Someone who actually found a use for the Purple Template ;D

That, sir, is awesome.

I'm going to beat the dead horse for a second and say that this would be better off as a custom expansion.

/end dead-horse-abuse

I'm not enthused about the usage of Interrupts instead of Instants, since Instants do a hell of a lot better job of things than Interrupts ever did.

Howl

i like interrupt cause of the star wars game(Decipher) and.. the things able to go with them. Starting.. Lost and etc.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disk space availablility]

Alastair

interrupt was a mechanic in Magic long before Star Wars came along. Granted, in magic they're all called instants now. Time was though that there were interrupts and instants which prompted countless debates, flamewars, etc... over which went off first. ;)

Howl

heh ik that...welll... didnt they change it from interrupts to instants cause your supposed to be a wizard battling another wizard and ... interrupts. didnt quiet fit..idk. and it is true magic is pretty much universal.. but not that confusing. and .. thank you all for the .. opinions.. heh . i  was just wondering if anyone was willing to test it out. other than its creators. and hey if no one tried magic out would we have as many games as we do today.. 

Tokimo

They merged interrupts and instants into one class. The new instants are closer to interrupts than the old instants.

Instants used to be a queue (First in first out). Instants are now a stack (First in last out). Interrupts were a stack.

The weird thing that I don't really like about stacks for resolution is this: Two pyro decks are facing off against each other. Each is at 2 life and has a lightning bolt in their hands. Each has no creatures, and nothing but an infinite expanse of mountains in their library. Who ever tries to bolt their opponent first will lose. o_O. Weird, huh?

The original queue system IMO was more intuitive for spell effects which didn't target another spell.

Howl

heh.. true true. that situation has never happend to me . but .. i wonder what the peoples reactions would be when it occurs.. lol  priceless.. ?so interrupts were faster than instants or no.. ?

Tokimo

The simple answer is "Instants are what interrupts were".

SugimoriDesu

Hey, we're just trying to help you get it to where it CAN be tested fairly well. ;D

TheBuck

If you want this to be something other than a mtg clone which it always seems to be. I would make the choice right here and now if Inters are faster than Ints.

I do like the use of the Purple Template

Howl

there are other colors too lol... like yellow orange.. Brown.. and, Like spectral . and more. to come. and an evolution class kinda like in Duelmasters or a champion in magic but much different in a way.. oh and i wasnt trying to be grump in my previous posts lol... i read them over and they sounded a little ..

Howl

well here is the download link. if anyone want to juss see the cards. or test it out... ill be on tonight to play with anyone.. my name on lackey is (your name)

http://www.4shared.com/file/162943185/eb25e0ab/Fantasy_Plugin_Zipped.html