New version soon to be released. Last chance to test it...

Started by Trevor, November 04, 2010, 10:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Please read this post carefully before posting reports.
I think I have fixed the important bugs in the new version of Lackey. I am going to test it a bit more, but I am close to making it the official release.

This is your last chance to test it before it is public. If it doesn't run for you, tell me now. If there are crashes or behavior that makes it so you can't play games, tell me now.

I am distributing this test version as just an .exe (or an .app on mac) that you will need to put in your old lackey folder. The first time you run this new version you may need to reenter in your prefs info, like your name and selecting your plugin (which you will not need to redownload).

Also, you will not be able to connect to the server regularly. You will need to connect to this new test server (which is seperate from the old lackey server) and to do this you need to go to the Server tab, and connect to the server by entering in the following IP and port.
IP:66.65.20.193
Port:25714
Then click the "Connect to server from IP" button. Note that if you have tested the old test lackey that this is not compatible with that version, and you are connecting to a different port.

I am going to be testing this version to see if there are any issues that will prevent me from making it the new official version. Please report bugs here.

You can get the exe from here:
windows: http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGWinAlpha.zip
mac: http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGMacAlpha.zip

Trevor

I found a minor bug making it annoying to rearrange cards in your hand.
Also, I forgot to remove annoying debugging comments in the log, so ignore those.

I will post a new version later today that fixes these to minor issues.

There's a bug that can happen where moving cards around in your hand doesn't work correctly. Like, if you drop one in the middle of your hand, it goes to the top of your hand instead. I haven't been able to figure out how to replicate this bug reliably, though I have experienced it. If anyone figures out how to replicate it, please let me know how you do it so I can fix it.

TheBuck

I tried joining your game in the early A.M by both double clicking and clicking the join button but none thing happened. it was not pass protected and it was one normal. Proxy is usually want I need people to be in order for me to join but I figured I still tell ya just in case you can fix that.

Tyril132

Can't seem to disable "Advertise on Server" when hosting a network game anymore. Didn't see this as either an intentional change or known issue before, so figured I'd report it.

I'm really loving the bug fixes and a few of the new features so far, though, Trevor. Thanks for all your hard work with this new version!

DB

Having trouble connecting to the server, every other time I either get a weird error message or just a complete failure.
Also, sometimes dicerolls and things from another game were showing up in mine.
And the extra stuff in the log is rather annoying

EDIT: Also, my brother keeps randomly getting disconnected from my game.

Trevor

Quote from: DB on November 07, 2010, 01:00:17 PM
Having trouble connecting to the server, every other time I either get a weird error message or just a complete failure.
Also, sometimes dicerolls and things from another game were showing up in mine.
And the extra stuff in the log is rather annoying

EDIT: Also, my brother keeps randomly getting disconnected from my game.
You are using the new version of lackey, 11/04/10 build, right?

What computer (OS and processor kind of computer) you have? Were you doing proxy games or normal?

DB

Yep, 11/04/10. Didn't have the problem with previous builds.
I'm on Win7 x64, AMD dualcore.
My brother was having the same problems, I think his is an old intel laptop with either Win98 or XP. Can't remember.

EDIT: Forgot to say, using proxy games because in the past that was the only option that worked. Haven't tried non-proxy in a while

Alastair

That's a debug message which is typically used to track down issues. It won't be in the release version.

Trevor

I just posted a new version. I think I fixed many of the issues people mentioned.

You can get the exe from here:
windows: http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGWinAlpha.zip
mac: http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGMacAlpha.zip

As before, these are just the applications that you need to put in your old lackey folder. You need to connect to the server through entering the server's IP and port, which is 66.65.20.193 port: 25714. The normal way of connecting (clicking refresh server list from tracker button) will NOT work with this new test version. As before, the old and new Lackey versions are not compatible.

Gordon228

is it supposed to crash when you double click to add a card to your deck?

Trevor

Quote from: Gordon228 on November 10, 2010, 03:16:14 PM
Do you think that is intended?

I will fix that bug. I also just noticed adding a format filter to the deck editor's library of cards will cause a crash. I was just updating some code there and I guess I messed something up. I will fix this and likely post a new version tomorrow or so.

Bobomaster

I dont know if this is something wrong on my part, but when i was playing with someone, we found out that we saw different cards than the cards what were played. For example, he said that he played a mountain, but i saw a death ward on the table. This happened for just about every card we played.

Alastair

The two of you were using different versions of the plugin is the most likely cause.

Bobomaster

I dont think so. He had asked me what build date mine was, both of ours had the same build date, 11-10-10.

Also, we had played magic yesterday and the day before that with this, and there was no problem.

TheBuck

Quote from: Trevor on November 10, 2010, 04:03:01 PM
Quote from: Gordon228 on November 10, 2010, 03:16:14 PM
Do you think that is intended?

I will fix that bug. I also just noticed adding a format filter to the deck editor's library of cards will cause a crash. I was just updating some code there and I guess I messed something up. I will fix this and likely post a new version tomorrow or so.

How's that fix coming; that one is a real bugger?