News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Resource chaining

Started by Snoof, November 07, 2010, 08:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoof

I've recently been pondering a little Dwarf Fortress fan-CCG. I figure it'd work best if it included a degree of resource chaining - you need wood and ore to get metal, you need metal and a weaponsmith to recruit a military, you need to keep your military supplied with booze or they'll tantrum, etc. Does anyone know if there's been any CCGs like this, where resources and dependencies are the focus? I'm vaguely aware of a few Eurogames which play like this (Agricola is one, I think) but does anyone know if there's been any dedicated card games?

Dragoon

As far as I know, only the Perry Rhodan ccg uses resource linking. However, I think that a resource link ccg plays you more than you play it. Anyway, there are better and less complex resource systems available..

Turonik

Legend of the burning sands had something similar where the main focus of the game was to protect your water, you lost if all your water is gone, and in the game some cards had a water cost in order to put them into play and Vampire TES has a blood pool which you used to power up your vampires and pay for cards with.