News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Saturn's Tower CCG

Started by Wisp, November 07, 2010, 09:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

Maybe different parts of the tower are vastly different in technological advances, evolution of thought, etc. So kinda a mix. It'd be hard to convey with 'borrowed' artwork, but could be really cool if you ever get some dedicated artists.

Wisp

Good idea, very nice. Have to give it an overall flavour still I think... what can tie it together?

Cyrus

darkness and grimness, duuuuuh

Wisp

Dragoon

"In the grim darkness of the tower, there is only war!"

You can also tie it together with corridors and entrances to the tower. For example by making a [tower entrance] location cycle, or something similar

Also, I liked the locations with cost in the middle better. Also, what kind of icon is the blue rectangle? It's mocking me.

Wisp

It's a place holder for faction symbols, just wanted to see how it looked in that position. Honestly, don't pay too much attention to the card templates... i've even stopped looking for art and just use the same picture on every card. I just need to finish a deck (designing individual cards is something I've never been good at because I'm such a rules perfectionist. How can you make cards when the rules aren't perfect? How can the rules be perfect without testing? Ahh the cycle continues). I did like the cost in the middle too.

Dragoon

Ah... I know your pain.. Luckily, you need only around 15 cards for playtesting :D

Wisp

15 cards you say

Wisp

I'm having trouble getting the cards to show up in the plugin.

Cyrus

U n00b... upload the plugin zip somewhere and send it to me, I'll check it out

(ps I haven't bothered with plugins since the very first version sooooooo......)

Cyrus

Well, I concur that it looks like it should work. I shall stare at this in my free time and try to figure it out.

Wisp

Dragoon

I think it is the filepaths. Now it just is the card name, but it should be "{cardname}.jpg"

And if that doesn't work, try changing teh path to "cards/core/{cardname}.jpg"

Maybe this helps (I hope)

Wisp