News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New LackeyCCG out 10/14/09- Post Bugs about it here

Started by Trevor, November 08, 2009, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

The newest version of Lackey is from 10/14/09. Post bugs you find about it here.

Alastair

Crash Bug.
When attempt to select a deck with 300+ cards in the browse dialogue, crashes Lackey to desktop. The deck is still load-able via the open recent option or by loading it while at the table.

Trevster418

When i try to go into a selected game, lackey closes

AndO3131

I've noticed something like this:

If you have more cards of the same name (ex in mtg plugin few "swamp" cards in "starter") you can add to the deck only the swamp with the lowest number. If cards have different names (ex "swamp1","swamp2") then deck works as it should - you can add different swamps to your deck.

Alastair

Quote from: AndO3131 on December 14, 2009, 01:56:07 AM
I've noticed something like this:

If you have more cards of the same name (ex in mtg plugin few "swamp" cards in "starter") you can add to the deck only the swamp with the lowest number. If cards have different names (ex "swamp1","swamp2") then deck works as it should - you can add different swamps to your deck.

This isn't exactly a bug but the intended working of Lackey (at present). At this time the only way around that would be to rename the specific cards in the plugin to have different names, even if the different is something minor like 'Swamp1' or 'Swamp2'.

AndO3131

Another thing I've seen:

I was playing in MTG with a friend via lan. He's not very good in english, so I helped him get started with. I've discovered, that he didn't see the card I've played, but a different card of the same name. Is it expected like in my previous post?

Second question: is there any possibility of including foreign fonts in Lackey (eg. polish, japanese)?

Alastair

Quote from: AndO3131 on December 19, 2009, 01:16:27 AMI was playing in MTG with a friend via lan. He's not very good in english, so I helped him get started with. I've discovered, that he didn't see the card I've played, but a different card of the same name. Is it expected like in my previous post?

Yes, same thing.

Tokimo

Quote from: AndO3131 on December 19, 2009, 01:16:27 AM
Another thing I've seen:

I was playing in MTG with a friend via lan. He's not very good in english, so I helped him get started with. I've discovered, that he didn't see the card I've played, but a different card of the same name. Is it expected like in my previous post?

Second question: is there any possibility of including foreign fonts in Lackey (eg. polish, japanese)?

Lackey currently doesn't differ between cards of the same name. The Sailor Moon plugin had this problem because all of the Sailor Scouts levels were named the same thing, so Lackey wouldn't let you put two levels of the same Scout in the same deck, effectively massively changing the game. I fixed this by making sure the names were unique.

It would be nice if people saw the same version of a card in Lackey since if you explicitly pick IA lands or Mirrodin lands for art reasons, your opponent still sees Zendikar lands.

En

This may be a misplaced comment, as it prooobably doesn't have anything t'do with this new version in particular, but I--and a few other newbies at this were trying to connect to play MTG with Lackey (the latest version, I do believe) or at least the version from the site), and we just don't seem to have the knack, as it were.
It is possible for each of us seemingly to host a game, and to 'start a server', but when trying to connect to each other, or, (more surprisingly) to the proper lackey server, we were greeted with the message 'there was an error connecting to the server. It may be temporarily offline'.

Now, again, please excuse me if this question is in the wrong place, or we're missing a simple step, but does anyone have and idea of why this might be, and/or what possible solutions we could attempt?

Alastair

Probly would have been better as its own thread or in one of the other connection trouble threads. To host a server for Lackey you need to make sure that whichever port you chose in Lackey is forwarded via any router you might have. You also need to make sure that any firewall or port blocking software allows the connections on that port for the LackeyCCG application. With all that done you should only have to determine your external IP (if playing with friends over the internet) or your internal IP (if playing on a LAN, typically examples of this would be 192.168.1.100 or similiar).

Rico

Hi,

Since today (26th Jan) me and my friend are getting desync issues with the latest version of lackey. Playing Magic, twice after my friend subtracted some life, the game completely desynced. We were still "connected" but his actions weren't sent to me and vice versa. Then a third game also desynced after a certain amount of time, perhaps 15 minutes.

All previous versions of Lackey have worked flawlessly so this is quite a surprise. We'll have to switch back to an old version for now :(

doomsdayapparition

my gametable and deck editor have completely crashed
i don't know if i need to reinstall it, but i don't wanna lose all the images that i downloaded( i'm on dialup )

mathman1550

Do you mean LackeyCCG has crashed and will not open? (because gametable is another program I think I have heard of, but does not exist anymore).
If you go in to the LackeyCCG folder you will find a folder called 'Plugins.'
Copy that folder to somewhere else on your computer. Then reinstall LackeyCCG. Then copy the plugins folder back into its original place. This should keep all the card images you downloaded safe.

hans2

keyboard is hardcoded to us
when i type "z" lackey will show "y"

Swot

I am not sure if this is in the right place, but I could not find a bug thread specifically for the magic: the gathering plug in.

Bug:
In the deck editor, there is an unghinged card named "The Fallen Apart":
A 4/4 with some strange abilities.
In the picture that is displayed when you mouse over "The Fallen Apart" though is a picture of "Tainted Monkey": a 1/1 with an equally strange ability.

When Mousing over the card "Tainted Monkey" in the deck editor, the picture displayed is of "Stop That", an instant.

When Mousing over the card "Stop That", the picture is of "Phyexean Librarian"

When Mousing over the card "Phyrexian Librarian", the picture is of "Persecute Artist"

When Mousing over the card "Persecute Artist", the picture is of "Necro-Impotence"

Picture of "Necro-Impotence" is "Mother of Goons"

Picture of "Mother of Goons" is "Kill Destroy"

I'm going to stop here. I did no realize that the list was going to be this long, originally I thought only "The Fallen Apart" had the wrong picture. But I will mention that "Kill Destroy"'s picture is also not, "Kill Destroy"