News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

server offline

Started by Sixto, November 29, 2009, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixto

I tryed to play today but when i clicked to connect to the server this message appeared "There was an error connecting to the server. It may be temporarily offline."

Is their something i have to fix and do i just wait it out?

SugimoriDesu

That means the server's *gasp* Offline  ;D

Don't worry about it, Alastair's got the server load for a few days, so IM him on any of his messengers to get it fixed

Alastair

It hasnt gone down. It might be possible that Sixto was trying to connect to Trevor's server which is currently down.

Alastair

Ok, my bad. It did seem to go down. Found that out when I tried to connect ;) From the window itself it still appeared to be up. Heh.

Alastair

The Lackey server code seems to have some issues that have gone undetected. After about 30 mins to an hour Lackey stops dealing with connections. This issue has happened on two different XP machines and a machine running Debian. I'am guessing that Trevor has some unique setup which works for him, which would explain why these problems have gone undetected before now.

In the meantime there's not much I can do other than restart it when I see that it's down. Sorry to those in the community who are having trouble playing games, but until Trevor gets back and can take a look at the networking code, there isnt much that can be done.