The new version of Lackey is official. You need to download it to play.

Started by Trevor, November 18, 2010, 03:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

The server is not down.
The new version of Lackey is official. You need to download it to play.

Download the new Lackey from the downloads page.
http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html

UPDATING:
Method A: Unzip the lackey folder (if it didn't automatically get unzipped). Put your old plugins folder into the new lackey folder. All your plugins and saved decks should be restored.
Method B: If your previous version of LackeyCCG.exe was more recent than the 10-14-09 build from last year, all you need to do to update is take the new .exe from the newly downloaded lackey and put it in your old lackey folder, replacing your old lackeyccg.exe. If your previous version of lackey was the 10-14-09 build, you will need the whole folder from the new download and you should use method A.

You WILL need to set your name and perhaps some other preferences like skins or table images. You do NOT need to download all your plugins again or recreate your decks, as noted above.

You do not need to connect to the server by IP as some testers did before. "Refresh Server List from Tracker" works.

FYI, the Lackey program updater is not currently working. The lackey plugin updater does, but not that standalone exe that updates the LackeyCCG.exe itself. Also, the mac updater is not yet working. You need to manually update at the moment as described above.

I'm not sure it matters, but I'm using the default value of 25711 for the server's port. I don't think anyone besides me (the server host) needs to know that though. Also, if you want to host without using the proxy server, which is a good idea, you will need to free both the TCP and UDP ports, which by default is 25710. Unlike the server port the server host uses, as a player you will definitely want to free your game port if you are behind a firewall/router that prevents you from hosting normal games otherwise.

More about it soon....

EDIT:
I am aware there are still networking bugs. No need to tell me about them any more until I post the new version.

EDIT: I fixed the bug that wouldn't allow a deck with multiple superzones to load. I fixed a crash caused by browsing directories. And some other stuff.

Picks-at-Flies

I get this.  I didn't have any problem when I was testing previously.  Sorry!

Trevor

I'm looking into this.

I was able to replicate this DC bug and I'm hot on the trail fixing it.

Alastair

Sadly this is all too common with software. We'll likely see more problems spring up as more people start using the new version. No amount of testing by a limited number of people can uncover all the problems. We'll just have to tough it out. On the up side however once these issues are nailed down Lackey should be better than ever.

Trevor

Quote from: Alastair on November 19, 2010, 12:53:53 AM
Sadly this is all too common with software. We'll likely see more problems spring up as more people start using the new version. No amount of testing by a limited number of people can uncover all the problems. We'll just have to tough it out. On the up side however once these issues are nailed down Lackey should be better than ever.
I'm switching to a different philosophy now. I care more about the long term than the short term. I will be fixing all the bugs I can as fast as I can with this new version so people can play, but in order to find these bugs and properly test them I need people on the server. When I had both the old server and the new server up, people just stayed on the old server and I wasn't able to test stress well with the new version which is the one I care about. Yesterday, it was difficult for some people to play because of the bugs, but I think the new version (from 11-19-10) fixes that.

Ayotte

It looks as though people aren't checking the website to see what's going on, but are just assuming that the server is down for the same reasons it sometimes goes down for a little while.  I think it would be a good idea to put it back up but block game creation and include a message that the new version is up and where people can find it.

ghostdragon

The new version won't open for me. The warning says the application configuration is incorrect.

Mandurang

What specific files do you need to replace in order to launch the program with the new build? It will get pretty old having to move your plugin folder around all the time, as mine is huge and doesn't transfer that easily.

Trevor

It seems people are still experiencing disconnects.

Are any mac users experiencing disconnects?

mathman1550

If I remember right, the old version of Lackey would automatically turn the picture of a card that has a jpg in landscape orientation so that it would be in your hand the way you would normally hold it, but you could turn the card 90 degrees and the picture would turn with it.
But now I noticed that it will stretch the card vertically and shrink it horizontally to make it fit when the card is in portrait orientation. I have attached a picture. In the picture the right most card appears un-stretched after turning, but the two next to it have been contorted to fit.
Its not a big deal since these cards are supposed to be played in landscape position anyway, but some other game may have a problem with it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

TookieWilliams

Like we were talkin about last night i got the message: You MIGHT be disconnected from the server now. Ask in chat if you are.  so I asked in chat if i was and after about 30 seconds it came up so i was just experiancing a bit of lag.

Trevor

I just posted a new version that I think will fix the disconnects.

Trevor

Quote from: mathman1550 on November 19, 2010, 06:19:39 PM
If I remember right, the old version of Lackey would automatically turn the picture of a card that has a jpg in landscape orientation so that it would be in your hand the way you would normally hold it, but you could turn the card 90 degrees and the picture would turn with it.
But now I noticed that it will stretch the card vertically and shrink it horizontally to make it fit when the card is in portrait orientation. I have attached a picture. In the picture the right most card appears un-stretched after turning, but the two next to it have been contorted to fit.
Its not a big deal since these cards are supposed to be played in landscape position anyway, but some other game may have a problem with it.
I'll fix that.