News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

If LackeyCCG doesn't launch for you...

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2010, 05:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

If you run lackey and it gives you a message like "Configuration is not correct" or something like that,
try installing this:

Install this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Or install this: http://lackeyccg.com/windows/vcredist_x86.exe.zip

Or try right clicking on the LackeyCCG.exe and run it as an administrator.

If any of those fixed your problem, please report back here about it. What was the error you initially got, and which thing fixed it?

kaptainkoolaid7

hey im trying to launch Lackey ccg and every time i do i get this message: "This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Any ideas? From what I've seen about this program I'm really excited to play it.

Trevor

Quote from: kaptainkoolaid7 on March 13, 2011, 12:41:56 PM
hey im trying to launch Lackey ccg and every time i do i get this message: "This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Any ideas? From what I've seen about this program I'm really excited to play it.
Try a different program to unzip that preserves file hierarchy. If the dlls aren't adjacent to the Lackey exe in the lackey folder, you will get an error like that.

lockecole7

My brother is also getting an issue that closes his lackey just as it says welcome, and gives him the error message, "LackeyCCG.exe has stopped working, windows can check online for a solution to the problem." He was also getting an SDl.dll issue, but he's using winzip now. He's extracted the file himself, Ive sent him my working one, but we can't figure out the issue.

Trevor

Quote from: lockecole7 on April 13, 2011, 06:02:07 PM
My brother is also getting an issue that closes his lackey just as it says welcome, and gives him the error message, "LackeyCCG.exe has stopped working, windows can check online for a solution to the problem." He was also getting an SDl.dll issue, but he's using winzip now. He's extracted the file himself, Ive sent him my working one, but we can't figure out the issue.
This is almost always caused by having some sort of out of date drivers. Update your computer's drivers, especially opengl related ones.

N3XUS

Can't seem to figure out why lackey won't display properly on my laptop running windows 7. Even after i did those three recommendations, the same problem persists. Every time i open lackey, i hear the "welcome to lackey" then it just freezes and whatever was on the screen just before i opened lackey is stuck being displayed inside the boarders of the lackey window. Very very puzzling and yet on my desktop running xp sp3, lackey works just fine

Jelicho

I just updated to 10-03-11, and now the program won't start at all.

Trevor

Quote from: Jelicho on October 04, 2011, 01:33:47 PM
I just updated to 10-03-11, and now the program won't start at all.
Any error messages? Try downloading it manually and running it from a fresh install.

Wizpal

When I run Lackey's last update, DEP (Data Execution Prevention) closes Lackey. Then, when I try to turn off DEP to ignore Lackeyccg.exe it says: "This Program must run with data execution prevention (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program"

I have reinstalled Lackey several times, and I don't know what's going on. I use Vista Home Premium.

Trevor

Quote from: Wizpal on February 04, 2012, 06:55:52 PM
When I run Lackey's last update, DEP (Data Execution Prevention) closes Lackey. Then, when I try to turn off DEP to ignore Lackeyccg.exe it says: "This Program must run with data execution prevention (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program"

I have reinstalled Lackey several times, and I don't know what's going on. I use Vista Home Premium.
That sounds like some sort of DEP issue where that program is wrongly concluding LackeyCCG is a virus or trojan. I suggest you google DEP. This doesn't seem like a LackeyCCG issue so I can't help with it.

4xstormcrow

I am using the latest version of wine with ubuntu and i updated Lackey and now it says it has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.

I have the latest version of open gl

Trevor

Quote from: 4xstormcrow on February 23, 2012, 11:34:43 AM
I am using the latest version of wine with ubuntu and i updated Lackey and now it says it has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.

I have the latest version of open gl
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-bb6a7a98ea5016383c4f81717063463e5217c3bf

Try installing MFC90.DLL, MSVCP90.DLL and friends: run winetricks and select vcrun2008 (MS Visual C++ 2008 libraries: mfc90,msvcp90,msvcr90).

grimalkin10

i cant start lackey. every time i try to run it it says it stopped working and windows is looking for a solution, then asks me if i want to debug it.

Trevor

Quote from: grimalkin10 on March 06, 2012, 05:02:21 PM
i cant start lackey. every time i try to run it it says it stopped working and windows is looking for a solution, then asks me if i want to debug it.
Did you try the solutions posted here?

grimalkin10

Quote from: Trevor on March 06, 2012, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: grimalkin10 on March 06, 2012, 05:02:21 PM
Did you try the solutions posted here?
yes and some i found on other topics but nothings taking hold.