News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

If LackeyCCG doesn't launch for you...

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2010, 05:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 18, 2013, 09:04:17 PM
When i unzipped it to its own folder, the fonts folder came over but the fonts werent there, it sent me to that lackey fonts page on this website, so then i moved the files out of the rar, and then the rest, it came on for as long as i was able to get to the plugins , click MAGIC, and now regardless of starting up my comp again, lackey wont run, and i cant move my plugins INTO the rar
What link did you get it from exactly and what was in the fonts folder that the download contained?

Johnny Blaze

I got the Page error that says 'you do not have fonts, go to such and such downloads to get the new fonts, when the FOLDER came over it was empty, i moved the NEW 8/18 fonts INTO the folder, The font before this was time.rtt, THEN i did everything else, got Lackey to load ONCE, then when i clicked the MAGIC  plugin it went down, and has STAYED down..

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 18, 2013, 09:49:25 PM
I got the Page error that says 'you do not have fonts, go to such and such downloads to get the new fonts, when the FOLDER came over it was empty, i moved the NEW 8/18 fonts INTO the folder, The font before this was time.rtt, THEN i did everything else, got Lackey to load ONCE, then when i clicked the MAGIC  plugin it went down, and has STAYED down..
WHat exact link did you download didn't have /fonts/Lato-Reg.ttf in it?

You can try deleting your plugin's pluginpreferences.txt file.

Johnny Blaze

the only LINK i clicked was on the opening screen on THIS website that says DOWNLOAD windows 8/18 update, and i deleted the plugin preferences, it didnt help.. DURING the process of MOVING the fonts folder. the FONT ERROR, came from here, black white and red page that says if your fonts are messed up go here. so my question is am i going to have to do  another re install., since when i go to the 8/18 rar, and i DO NOT unzip it, it wont let me move my plugins or image prefs, so zipped or unzipped this thing is NOT working..

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 19, 2013, 01:08:27 AM
the only LINK i clicked was on the opening screen on THIS website that says DOWNLOAD windows 8/18 update, and i deleted the plugin preferences, it didnt help.. DURING the process of MOVING the fonts folder. the FONT ERROR, came from here, black white and red page that says if your fonts are messed up go here. so my question is am i going to have to do  another re install., since when i go to the 8/18 rar, and i DO NOT unzip it, it wont let me move my plugins or image prefs, so zipped or unzipped this thing is NOT working..
I'm going to take another look at my code and make sure there isn't anything in there requiring a specific font that is no longer present. In the interim, I have included the previous default font, times.tff, in the download that is now in the download sections. I would guess this will fix things. Please try testing if it runs immediately after you unzip it, before you try to move anything to or from the old or new lackey folders.

Johnny Blaze

I just tested it Inside the rar, it works, i have not unzipped it to its own folder yet, im going to do that and try loading my plugins.

Johnny Blaze

Ok moved it to new file folder. moved by drag and drop my files. like my avatars and mat images, THEN i engaged the MAGIC plugin, which it worked, so next i moved my Battletech plugin, and it crashed Lackey, and Lackey  will NOT open back up

Johnny Blaze

Just did a Complete shut down and restart. Lackey will NOT start at all..

Trevor

Please test the 8/19/13 release and let me know if any of the problems reported here still persist.

Johnny Blaze

Thats the version that i did today 8/19 , and the problems still persist

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 19, 2013, 10:31:48 PM
Thats the version that i did today 8/19 , and the problems still persist
You last posted today before I posted it. Did you try downloading it since 10:30 PM EST? When you unzip a fresh lackey with no modifications, does it launch and can you see the build date it says at the top?
If that doesn't work, try deleting your secure/ folder in your lackey folder.

Johnny Blaze

Yes i can see the build date, and i have NOT loaded any plugins, only thing in the folder is War3000

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 19, 2013, 11:42:08 PM
Yes i can see the build date, and i have NOT loaded any plugins, only thing in the folder is War3000
Can you IM me some time some time on Skype or aim or something and I can troubleshoot it with you?

carapippino

i dunno if someone has already take advice of this: there is no chance anymore to see decks notes (indeed they are included in .dek)

Trevor

Quote from: carapippino on August 23, 2013, 05:08:19 AM
i dunno if someone has already take advice of this: there is no chance anymore to see decks notes (indeed they are included in .dek)
i thought people didn't use it so I removed it to get rid of some clutter. I could bring it back it people wanted it enough.