News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

If LackeyCCG doesn't launch for you...

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2010, 05:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carapippino

if it creates any sort of problem then leave all it is now, i'll write notes on paper instead that on file, no problem at all

Trevor

Quote from: carapippino on August 23, 2013, 07:22:00 AM
if it creates any sort of problem then leave all it is now, i'll write notes on paper instead that on file, no problem at all
I believe notes are still saved in the file, and therefore you can edit the file. I think lackey should preserve your notes if you save or edit it, but you might want to double check that. I think all I removed was the parts that displayed/editted the notes from within Lackey.

Ruttiger

This is a quote from undying_dreadlord who is quoting N3XUS:

Can't seem to figure out why lackey won't display properly on my laptop running windows 7. Even after i did those three recommendations, the same problem persists. Every time i open lackey, i hear the "welcome to lackey" then it just freezes and whatever was on the screen just before i opened lackey is stuck being displayed inside the boarders of the lackey window. Very very puzzling and yet on my desktop running xp sp3, lackey works just fine

I have the exact same problem.  Help please?

I too have the exact same problem.  I see no replies or even acknowledgment of these requests for help.  Am I missing something?  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

carapippino

Quote from: Trevor on August 23, 2013, 08:35:37 AM
I believe notes are still saved in the file, and therefore you can edit the file. I think lackey should preserve your notes if you save or edit it, but you might want to double check that. I think all I removed was the parts that displayed/editted the notes from within Lackey.

i checked and the dek files still contain the notes; said this, i have to review my comment: there is a game, in particular anahcronism, where the cards disposition is essential for making the deck work at best. since i have 20+ decks, everytime i play i have to open the directory whick contains the dek files, open 1 of this for every game and check the row with the order i wrote down when i created the deck; in addition, since i created a couple of new decks with the new last version of lackey i don't have any reminder at all, so i have to ask you, if possibile, to reintroduce deck notes function on lackey, so with only a view i can dispose card more easily and faster, also not to let the opponent wait way too much

thank you in advance

Trevor

Quote from: Ruttiger on August 29, 2013, 02:51:29 PM
This is a quote from undying_dreadlord who is quoting N3XUS:

Can't seem to figure out why lackey won't display properly on my laptop running windows 7. Even after i did those three recommendations, the same problem persists. Every time i open lackey, i hear the "welcome to lackey" then it just freezes and whatever was on the screen just before i opened lackey is stuck being displayed inside the boarders of the lackey window. Very very puzzling and yet on my desktop running xp sp3, lackey works just fine

I have the exact same problem.  Help please?

I too have the exact same problem.  I see no replies or even acknowledgment of these requests for help.  Am I missing something?  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
In my experience, this is almost always caused by some driver being out of date, usually OpenGL.

Trevor

Quote from: carapippino on August 30, 2013, 02:16:35 AM
Quote from: Trevor on August 23, 2013, 08:35:37 AM

i checked and the dek files still contain the notes; said this, i have to review my comment: there is a game, in particular anahcronism, where the cards disposition is essential for making the deck work at best. since i have 20+ decks, everytime i play i have to open the directory whick contains the dek files, open 1 of this for every game and check the row with the order i wrote down when i created the deck; in addition, since i created a couple of new decks with the new last version of lackey i don't have any reminder at all, so i have to ask you, if possibile, to reintroduce deck notes function on lackey, so with only a view i can dispose card more easily and faster, also not to let the opponent wait way too much

thank you in advance
I think I will add this back in when I rework the deck editor next.

N1CK3Y

Hi!

I think the last or second to last release broke linux support as all that happens when I try to launch Lackey using wine is a browser is launched to a page telling me that fonts are missing and a blank window appears before it silently quitting. Here is the only relevant output wine debug gives me :
fout can't open{: secure/Preferences.txt

Trevor

Quote from: N1CK3Y on September 07, 2013, 01:11:11 PM
Hi!

I think the last or second to last release broke linux support as all that happens when I try to launch Lackey using wine is a browser is launched to a page telling me that fonts are missing and a blank window appears before it silently quitting. Here is the only relevant output wine debug gives me :
fout can't open{: secure/Preferences.txt
See the comment about winetricks at http://lackeyccg.com/linux.html. That work for you?

Seagrove

I cannot get mine to launch.  I have tried the suggested fixes.  her is my failure to launch report
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   LackeyCCG.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   523beb7e
  Fault Module Name:   atioglxx.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.14.10.9236
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4b2aa66c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0000b212
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Trevor

Quote from: Seagrove on September 22, 2013, 09:48:29 AM
I cannot get mine to launch.  I have tried the suggested fixes.  her is my failure to launch report
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   LackeyCCG.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   523beb7e
  Fault Module Name:   atioglxx.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.14.10.9236
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4b2aa66c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0000b212
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
What operating system you have? I think you should update your OpenGL drivers.

Johnny Blaze

Cant connect to the server, was in the middle of a game, had this thing pop on saying server shutdown in 10 seconds, new lackey version or something, so i went out, went thru the updater, updater says your version of lackey is current, try to get on server, it says my lackey is not current, so whats going on..

Johnny Blaze

now when i try to update, the updater says i need to shutdown lackey, yet i dont have lackey on..

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on September 24, 2013, 11:15:22 PM
now when i try to update, the updater says i need to shutdown lackey, yet i dont have lackey on..
Use task manager to quit a process called LackeyCCG.exe. Check your version of LackeyCCG Updater.exe. When it is running, does it say version "0.130920" at the bottom right when it's running?