News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Bug?

Started by HughJass, November 23, 2010, 01:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HughJass

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stay connected to a game for more than a minute or so before the server boots me.  After said minute (usually less, sometimes more), my game becomes non-responsive, and then I get a "Your connection to the game seems to have been severed."
then in the main server log, I get:
Debug warning: Are you still connected?  For realz?
Debug message: You MIGHT be disconnected from the server now.  Ask in the server chat if you are.
(this is usually repeated a few times in the log)
So my question is, is this a result of me doing something wrong, or lackey?  I didn't have this issue with previous versions, so... yeah, I dunno :D

Trevor

I'm working on this bug.

HughJass

I'm not sure if the most recent (11/24) version was supposed to fix this bug, but it's still happening.  Although this time I was able to stay in a game for about 10 minutes initially, then right back to the same constant booting.

Remag

I was also getting that bug chronic until the last few days whereas it is infrequent but still an issue. What I am now getting is failed connection altogether with a conciliatory "shucks". Another bug I have noticed is that when I host a game and someone joins while I am in the server room or deck editor, Lackey does not kick me into the game room when someone joins. 

Remag

I just recalled another phenomena I have not seen before that happened today with the 24 build. When reloading a game the decks were not in the same order as they were before. Shuffled?   

Remag

Any response to this last find? Is that the way it always was?

On another note, two other interesting bugs happen tonight around 7:15 pst. Three people were allowed into a 2 seated game, I being one of them who was made "unknown" user. In the server room 3/2 people were showing. If that is not strange enough, when I exited that game and hosted my own with only one player showing (myself) a game between two others unfurled before me and it happened to be the names (as indicated by the chat box only) of the members of the 3/2 game I had left a minute ago.

HughJass

I wouldn't mind a quick update here also if you have the time, Trevor.  It seems I can stay connected to the server for any given length of time if I just hang out in the lobby, but as soon as I join or host a game, I am constantly being disconnected from it.  No particular actions seem to trigger the disconnect, it just happens at random. (I haven't been able to sit down for a game of virtual magic in about 2 weeks, and I'm developing a complex :D)

Trevor

Quote from: HughJass on November 27, 2010, 11:02:45 PM
I wouldn't mind a quick update here also if you have the time, Trevor.  It seems I can stay connected to the server for any given length of time if I just hang out in the lobby, but as soon as I join or host a game, I am constantly being disconnected from it.  No particular actions seem to trigger the disconnect, it just happens at random. (I haven't been able to sit down for a game of virtual magic in about 2 weeks, and I'm developing a complex :D)
I was away for the holidays but I expect to fix this in the next day or so.

HughJass

Update:  I've tried turning off my firewall entirely, and also (at DemonicSei's behest) tried running the program as an administrator, which worked for a little while, but I'm right back to the constant disconnects.  Also, sometimes when I try to connect, it tells me that I'm already logged in & to wait 50 seconds, even if I haven't been on the server at all.  Before I was able to stay connected to the lobby for as long as I wanted, and now it's booting me off of there as well.  When I do wait the 50 seconds, mostly it lets me connect, but occasionally it tells me that I'm already attempting a connection.  Sometimes shutting down Lackey & trying again works, sometimes it gives me the same 'already attempting connection' message, even when I've hit disconnect, shut the program down entirely & started it again.  Wacky program hiccups :)

Alastair

Make sure you have the latest version of Lackey, which as of the time of this posting is the 11/28/2010 one. If you're still having trouble catch me on Ventrilo sometime and we'll see what else we can try.

HughJass

I do have the latest version.  In fact, in desperation I even tried purging the entire program from my system & then doing a fresh reinstall with no decks or anything... still having issues =(

HughJass

Quick update: the 12/02 release seemed to have fixed the bug, I only got booted twice all day long.  Today however, I'm right back to being booted every few minutes.  I had to restart a game of standard 4 times before I was able to be on long enough to finish it.  Again, is this something I'm doing, or a hiccup in Lackey?  'cause I'm goin' bonkers! :)

Picks-at-Flies

Can I just check:  this isn't because your ISP is being a pain?

HughJass

I highly doubt my ISP is the issue, I had zero connection issues prior to this new version.  Can we get an update on what's happening with this 'bug', please?  I'd like to know that my incessant crying is being noticed ;)

HughJass

-Bump-

Is information regarding this bug being posted elsewhere, is that why I'm not receiving replies?  If I'm doing something wrong that deserves silence on my issue, I'd love to know about it!  (also, updated to most recent version 12/12/10 & was kicked 4 times in rapid succession after connecting, even while just sitting in the lobby)