A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Bug?

Started by HughJass, November 23, 2010, 01:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I'm working on this.

Krodaevius

i have the same problem, this bug is very annoying, i just can?t play because the server drop me every 30 seconds =/.
Please fix this bug quickly

Carabas

One solution I have found that has greatly reduced the number of times I get kicked is to turn off other network-intensive processes, such as torrent programs, media streams, and so on.

HughJass

Update?  Been 2 months now & still haven't been able to sit down for one solid game, and it's remarkably frustrating ^_^

Trevor

Quote from: HughJass on January 21, 2011, 06:06:40 PM
Update?  Been 2 months now & still haven't been able to sit down for one solid game, and it's remarkably frustrating ^_^
Did you try the latest version?

HughJass

Yes.  Build date 01-15-2011

Trevor

Quote from: HughJass on January 22, 2011, 10:13:56 PM
Yes.  Build date 01-15-2011
Please talk to me on AIM when you have a little time to help me test things.

I am Lykos4 on AIM.

HughJass

Any news on the random disconnect front?  Still happening to me (Yes, I have the latest build) and to a few others I asked in server chat as well.  Have you pinpointed the problem/are you working on a fix?

Trevor

Quote from: HughJass on April 12, 2011, 06:05:47 PM
Any news on the random disconnect front?  Still happening to me (Yes, I have the latest build) and to a few others I asked in server chat as well.  Have you pinpointed the problem/are you working on a fix?
I haven't been able to find a cause of it, or how to make it happen because it never happens to me. If you can determine some correlation, it would help if you tried to cause a disconnect if you can.

HughJass

Well, I got it to happen just now.  This isn't a reliable way to make it happen, but it does occur occasionally when I hit the find server/connect button.  Nothing (to my knowledge) will reliably cause a disconnect after I've connected to the server; they appear to be 100% random.  They can happen when I'm just sitting in the lobby doing literally nothing, they can happen during a game, when I'm trying to connect to a game, when I'm hosting a game, doesn't matter.  Back in Decemberish when you upgraded to the new version is when these disconnects started happening.  I had absolutely no connection issues until then.

[17:30:56]Attempting to connect to server...
[17:30:56]Debug warning: Are you still connected? For realz?
[17:31:46]Your connection to the server seems to have been severed.
[17:31:46]You are now disconnected from the server.

HughJass

Also - the connect to server from IP address button returns a "You were unable to connect to the game matching server.  Check to see if you have the latest version of Lackey CCG." find server/connect button works just fine.

Also also - When I hit the "Test if you can host without proxy" button, nothing happens past the "Sending your WANIP" message.  It just kinda sits there.  It doesn't allow me to host using a proxy server, and people are unable to join the 'normal' games I host.

Alastair

Sounds like you have a antivirus or firewall program that is blocking Lackey. Either on your computer, your router (if you use one) or the gateway/modem if it has one built in. At least that's the impression I get when you say you're getting stuck on the proxy test.

AdLit

This may be a moot point but if you're using Windows Vista/7 try running as administrator.  It's possible the connection is ending up getting blocked by Windows and maybe you're not getting a pop-up notification to allow the connection?

If I'm totally off base here, please feel free to ignore this post and proceed with your day  ;D