News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Ideas on an Alien(s) CCG

Started by lalbadeimorti, November 26, 2010, 06:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lalbadeimorti

Now, I know there have been a couple threads about the Aliens Predator CCG (which is a relativly unknown CCG), and there was one person that wanted to start a new CCG based on the AVP universe. Since I used to play the first CCG, but I am not a big fan of the Predator Universe, I want to share my ideas on a CCG based on the Alien Universe. I want this game to make you feel immersed into the universe, while not having to be complex.

Objective:
Depends on what style of gameplay is used. Styles represent the many basic scenarios that happened in the Alien movies. Styles will be added in later expansions.

Style 1: "Mother's rerouted the course of our journey."
Humans are Corporate, with limited weaponry and equipment. Alien Player is restricted to using only one Adult, non-Queen Alien.
Humans must kill the Alien; Alien must kill all Humans.

Style 2: "Is this gonna a stand-up fight sir, or just another bug hunt?"
Humans are mostly Marine, with some Corporate characters available. Aliens are able to use the entire Hive.
Humans must rescue a certain requirment of colonists or kill all Aliens; Aliens must kill all Marine characters.

Style 3: "This is rumor control, here are the facts."
Humans are all Rogue, with one infected Human from any Faction. Alien player is restricted to using only one Adult, non Queen Alien.
Humans must kill the Alien before the infected Human Character bursts, Alien must kill all but the infected Human, or have the infected Human burst.

Types of Cards:

Human: Represents a Human Character in the Alien Universe
Alien: Represents a monstorous creature in the Alien Universe
Item: A useful tool that a Human may use. May be either Weaponry, Millitary Arms, or Equipment.
Event: A one-shot effect
Condition: An effect that remains in play

I will post more later.

TheBigShow

If you do go with it, style 2 would be my prefered way of playing. The only problem I can see is that it could end up being rather combat heavy/

Cyrus

I think you should make the game based on Style 2, with cards that might allow the alien player to play more like style 1 or 3 (ie, big "unique" aliens that could infiltrate ships on their own, or rogue mother aliens that could start new hives on other planets/ships, thus improving your resources and ability to lay some alien smackdown on the human race.

Humans could either set up on ships with small bands of warriors or on planets with larger platoons of marines. The locations/ships/units themselves would probably have to have in their text reasons to set up different sized groups. Maybe different unique humans have lots of benefits when aboard ships, but are more costly, whereas marines are cheap yet powerful and more suited for swarm style gameplay on planets. Also; ships could have a limited amount of rations aboard, meaning only a handful of humans could be on a ship at any given time.

I'm thinking with a "cards as locations" set up, like the AvP game, but I've been playing a lot of Star Wars recently :)

If you think about the universe of Aliens though there are some rules or mechanics from Star Wars that might make sense, such as rules promoting the spread of your faction (in Star Wars, when you have dudes at a location and your opponent doesn't, they lose points in the form of cards every turn). You could do something like that, the more hives the aliens have set up the more points they drain from the humans every turn, and the more bases or established ships the humans have the more points they drain from the aliens. Its all really just a battle to have more space for the advancement of species in the end after all :D