News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

How to report people for banning...

Started by Trevor, December 02, 2010, 11:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

When someone says stuff in the server that you think is so severe that it requires banning, post in this thread, or a PM to me, the following:

The time things were said.
The person who said them.
What was said that warrants banning.

Lackey now records all things said in the log, and all IPs of those who say them. Even if someone tries to change their name, I will still be able to trace their IP. No one can claim they were being impersonated any more. So if someone is being extremely offensive, that person can be dealt with ex post facto.

I will post a set of rules for what is and is not appropriate when I get more time. Until then, the golden rule is: Don't be a douchebag. Follow that rule and you won't get banned.

Also remember that you can add people to your ignore list. Just select their name, and click the ignore button and you won't see their comments.

To help you report people you think need reporting, you can click the "Dump log to file" button which will save everything in the server chat to a file at secure/ServerChatLogDump.txt. It includes time stamps. You can open it up, and delete the irrelevant parts. Send the evidence of bannable conduct to trevor@lackeyccg.com I will look at your time stamps, and be able to confirm who said what and take the appropriate course of action.

Trevor

Just a reminder, the following is unacceptable behavior:

Refusing to leave a game, or rejoining a game when you have been told to leave.
Changing your name or doing anything else to circumvent the ignore ability.

You can get banned for this sort of harassment.

Dr. Zaj

Hello, Trevor. I was playing a nice game of EDH on lackey when along came a guy who used the name "MIKE." I've seen him before and I knew that he only existed to mess up games. This time was no different, he took half of my deck and put it into my graveyard and did the same thing to another player. Then we had a short little battle where we had to continuously kick him out of the seat, problem was that he kept kicking us out of our seats too. Mike told me that he had just came back from his 5th ban. However, this guy clearly only comes onto lackey to traumatized Magic players by calling them quote "faggot mexicans" for playing a game that he considers "gay". I suggest that he banned, permanently this time. Please get back to me on this, Trevor. I am really sick of this guy. Thank you for reading.

Trevor

That douche goes by MIKE, Spin, Trypio, Hola mang, Cocco Lupia, Holy C, doc, Reg, Jamz, Kegg, and who knows else.

I will ban him again, but each time he changes his IP, I need to ban him again. Since everyone isn't required to use a login/password, there is little I can do besides ban a person based on an IP, and if they are able to change it, there isn't much that can be done, without imposing a bunch of annoying stuff on everyone.

Dr. Zaj

Ok, thank you, Trevor. It is a little immature to change your IP every time you get banned just so you can keep annoying people. I wish he'd just get a life and leave people alone. I appreciate your concern.  :)

Clay

Today someone named #1 with a coke was spamming and insulting players. A player named Ninjor may have also been getting spammed via PM.

I don't know whether or not he has been reported before or anything, but he just seems like he's not the kind of player we want to have on the server.

Gordon228

@Trevor: why not make it so you need to log in as that would stop the spammers and i do note that doing it that way will take time. a way i think it could work is have it so that your forum account the what you use to log in to play lackey online. thats just my thought.

Trevor

Quote from: Clay on August 01, 2011, 03:04:04 PM
Today someone named #1 with a coke was spamming and insulting players. A player named Ninjor may have also been getting spammed via PM.

I don't know whether or not he has been reported before or anything, but he just seems like he's not the kind of player we want to have on the server.
He was banned for a day as it was his first offense.

spartan116chris

is this mike guy also going by feeder? cuz this guy was just about the trolliest of trolls. suggested i should concede after i exiled his puresteel pali. then after i quit cuz i had enuf of his nonsense an bad losing trash talk he proceeded to spew a bunch of idiocy an tried to shout to evryone that i was a rage quitter an a noob. after he insulted my girlfriend i had to let him have it an he finaly went away tho still talking his head off about imaginary rage quits

Ascent

Quote from: Trevor on July 22, 2011, 08:14:25 AM
That douche goes by MIKE, Spin, Trypio, Hola mang, Cocco Lupia, Holy C, doc, Reg, Jamz, Kegg, and who knows else.

I will ban him again, but each time he changes his IP, I need to ban him again. Since everyone isn't required to use a login/password, there is little I can do besides ban a person based on an IP, and if they are able to change it, there isn't much that can be done, without imposing a bunch of annoying stuff on everyone.
If it's really bad, as I understand it, you can ban his specific local server (a relatively small area), which I think is the next to last number in the line separated by the period. He can't circumvent that unless he goes to a connection outside the server area. It would block others in his area, but if he is not in a densely populated area, that shouldn't be a problem.

institute

Someone is pretending they are me on Lackey today (10/8/11). they are using the name Institute and claimed that I (as Institute2--the only way I could log on) was the "fake Institute" (said at 16:12:20).

wolfox

Doc wont leave games when asked and keeps insulting people. I believe he changed his name to McFuzz and is still doing it, but either way both Doc and McFuzz are bothering people and won't leave games

wolfox

Bill refuses to leave games, also goes by everbeentouranus

BuddyChrist

Ironic that this Wolfox guy says that when he does the exact same thing all the time. Hilarious!

cbus05

There is a guy i've been seeing around named bednus. He's constantly fighting with people in the main server chat, basically being a standard e-badass.

He honestly reminds me a bit of Sei. I'm mostly just posting this here as a "keep an eye out" for him type of deal, but every day he's doing the same old same old.