News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

How to report people for banning...

Started by Trevor, December 02, 2010, 11:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silversurfer4980

Some guy by the name of DELVER has been in and out of my games for over a couple months now and every time ( all of the 4 or so times) we have played he calls me some slur or a queer whenever he starts to lose. Now you may be wondering "then why dont you tell him to get out of your game before you played.
Honestly i just forget about him because its just not that big a deal. i only remeber the last 4 times because i just got done dealing with him. you know what I mean.
After he calls me a queer, he quits and says mean shit about me on the public server. I haven't said anything up to this point because I just didn't consider him worth the time it would take to type this up but i've seriously had it with this guy.
Today I asked him to leave my game after he was an asshole and he refused to leave as per usual. he called me an austistic queer and then left the game at 18:49:06. before that he said such classy shit as "cool story bro" when I said I was going to report him if he didn't leave. then in the game server chat he said that his BUG Aggro brew crushed my Esper netdeck 18:51:33 when in actuality we had only played one game and I had beaten him. Also at a certain point in the game he was messing with my life total 18:47:31.
How do I post the screenshots i have because I cant figure it out it says insert picture and it doesn't insert it.
Thanks Trevor.

silversurfer4980

Hello again Trevor,
Today some guy named Gama (name spelled exactly like that) joined my game and refused to leave after I asked him 4 times to leave. thne he asked me to tell him in spanish to leave even though we had been typing in English the entire time.
the time was starting at 20:52:18 AND IT ENDED at 21:00:34
he then asked me to explain how you can report people on lackey and if there were admins.
So this brings up a question.
Can there please be admins?

melkor

Trevor I've heard many users claim that they can crash the server. Today a user named Grit joined our game, and I booted him and removed a seat because we were mid game, and yesterday he was a real jerk to us doing things like restarting games and moving cards around.

15:52:40 [PST] Grit: perhaps I should close your game for being so rude

I called him out on the server and he said:

15:59:32 Grit: Trevor understands something you boys don't
- He can't ban every proxy service on the internet
- I win.
- I won two years ago.

Then he said he'd crash the server in 30 seconds, and it crashed. He then proceeded to crash the server constantly.

How on earth is there a bug that allows users to crash the server? This is a huge problem particularly since the trolls have figured out how to do it. I've heard other users claim to know how to shut down games too.

Alastair

Quote from: melkor on June 15, 2013, 06:05:17 PMHow on earth is there a bug that allows users to crash the server? This is a huge problem particularly since the trolls have figured out how to do it. I've heard other users claim to know how to shut down games too.

The how is rather simple. He's found a bug and not reported it, thus it hasn't been fixed. It's rather difficult for Trevor to fix problems when he doesn't know about them, which is why it's important for people to report bugs when they find em.

Trevor

Grit's IPs have been banned. In any case, the bug should be fixed in the new version so all I need to do is make that the official version.

Trevor

I banned Arkator and Soylent Green.
Update on Soylent Green:
After I banned him, he IMed me on AIM. Here is that conversation:
QuoteSoylent Green:
   Hey Trevor this is Soylent Green. I apologize greatly for having crashed the server tonight. I got caught up in what was going on. I was frustrated cause I knew Arkator was Lucky and was doing everything so I signed on as Arkator to try and get him to switch back. When I thought he was gonna switch to Soylent Green and, as dumb as it seems now, do something as me to get me banned, I hit the button to reset the server and take my name back. I hope you can see it in your heart to forgive and unban me, I've never crashed the server before and was trying to get everything to stop. If not I understand. Thanks.
Trevor Agnitti:
   Make a poll on the forum and plea your case.
   if you were in my position, I think you'd ban that behaviour too
   On 4/14/13, you also logged in as KevTheLar
   on 4/16, LefDeapord
   Chroma Lisa on 4/24
Soylent Green:
   yeah I change names all the time, It's ok though I understand
   again I apologize, I was part of the porblem
Trevor Agnitti:
   sorry, but changing names often is a huge red flag for bad behaviour
   If I go through the chat logs, would I find any harassing behaviour on your part?
Soylent Green:
   probably here and there
   I've played a long time
   I won't lie I've had my moments
Trevor Agnitti:
   if you were in my position, what would you do?
Soylent Green:
   probably keep me banned, I said I understand
   thanks for the service so far man, you do a lot for the community
I post this to let people know that everything is logged, and if I investigate, I can see who logs on as who, when, and from what IP. I want to remind people that changing your login name is a huge red flag for bad behavior. If you have to use a different name for some reason, do something like "MyName" and "MyName2". That is to say, something that isn't an attempt to mask your identity. I don't have a specific rule against changing your name, but if you do so, you are far more likely to look like an abuser of the system when I investigate the logs.

I really don't like having to act as a nanny. Despite the long time since a last official release, I have not been idle and I'd really prefer to spend my time coding.

melkor

Quote from: Trevor on June 17, 2013, 10:26:25 AM
Grit's IPs have been banned. In any case, the bug should be fixed in the new version so all I need to do is make that the official version.

I'm glad you were able to figure out how these people were crashing the server. 

But I think my IP got banned along with Grit's. When Grit was crashing the server, I changed my name to Grit to try to find out what other aliases he'd use next. Since he said he'd just use a new proxy server if you banned him, I wanted to know his other names so I could avoid interacting with him in the future. He'd then announce "I WIN" as the new user, restart the server, and I'd try to block that name before they could log back on with it to see what name they use next.

Reading this thread, I can see that you consider name changing to be a huge red flag. And honestly if I wasn't so angry at this user I wouldn't have bothered trying to get more of their aliases. But I think my intent is pretty clear. If I had any ill-intent, it wouldn't make sense to come on here to report Grit.

Would it be possible to un-ban my IP? I've been an avid Lackey player for years, and I consider myself to be a positive member of the community. I believe my logs clearly show I'm a sincere user. And you can be sure I'll never change my login name again like that. Being banned a couple days has more than taught me my lesson there.

Alastair

It'll be up to Trevor to unban you or not. A note in general, not just for Melkor but for anybody really, if somebody's causing trouble in the game then hop on here and send a PM to Trevor or myself. I can't speak for Trevor but PM's sent to me here, go directly to my phone so unless I'm out of the house/shop or asleep I can hop on fairly quick. Don't try to fight these idiots, it's a losing battle as it only provides them with the attention they're so desperately seeking.

If the person is actively causing trouble and we can see em in the act then we can ban them on the spot. However if it's something that happened and the trouble maker has moved on then it'll require Trevor to go through the log files. In that case be sure to make a note of the date & time and username/usernames involved. That will assist in narrowing down where Trevor has to look.

silversurfer4980

Hey trevor its me again
at 17:44:22 i asked Incz to leave my game becuase I didnt want to play him. As a person who was hosting the game I assume I have that right. He refused to leave and then after I disconnected from the game he followed me to the other games I created. Eventually he told me to make a game with a password on it and i started to ignore him.

Thragfire

This Noao Alves guy wouldnt stop following me earlier today, after I told him I didnt want to play anything with h im, he proceeded to follow me into another lobby, and started talking about how im Probably some 8 year old girl that got raped and loved it. Seems like the type of person that should get the banhammer :/

Thragfire

june 30, 10:45 A.M A particular player named nocturu followed me from room to room making several sexually suggestive comments. And then shit talking when I asked him to leave. Maybe I was just tired and not in the mood to laugh. but regaurdless this seems unnapropriate, and really not the type of person Id want in a community I involve myself in.

Thragfire

The player named bush was in my game today, and upon me winning one game he began to insult me, be obnoxious and make sexual comments non stop, even after asking him to leave. This server really needs to be cleaned up of the trash :/

Grit

Quote from: melkor on June 15, 2013, 06:05:17 PM
Trevor I've heard many users claim that they can crash the server. Today a user named Grit joined our game, and I booted him and removed a seat because we were mid game, and yesterday he was a real jerk to us doing things like restarting games and moving cards around.

15:52:40 [PST] Grit: perhaps I should close your game for being so rude

I called him out on the server and he said:

15:59:32 Grit: Trevor understands something you boys don't
- He can't ban every proxy service on the internet
- I win.
- I won two years ago.

Then he said he'd crash the server in 30 seconds, and it crashed. He then proceeded to crash the server constantly.

How on earth is there a bug that allows users to crash the server? This is a huge problem particularly since the trolls have figured out how to do it. I've heard other users claim to know how to shut down games too.

Whaaat? I was wondering why I couldn't connect to the server. I know Melkor- he's an all right guy, and we've had a number of enjoyable matches, but I believe he must have been fooled by some sort of rude doppelganger. I am nothing if not chivalrous on Lackey, and I don't like this defamation! I request unbanishment. I wasn't happy about all the crashing that was happening way back when either, and I certainly am not behind any part of it.

Edit: Oh, it seems the server's just been down for a while. I hadn't tried in a few weeks, after all, so I thought maybe this was the reason. But I suppose it stands to reason that if that faker were banned by IP I would still be able to connect, so yeah. Still, I'm kind of hurt that Melkor mistook that chump for the real Grit! Hmph.

Rain

lol @ Grit's reply.

Could it possibly be any more unconvincing?

Grit

Oh, Rain.

Anyway, I have someone to report. Tonight this guy called King Zombie was kind of making a mess of things in a Commander game. He first raised my suspicions when he played with an illegal deck and wouldn't respond to anything anyone said. We let him play with it nonetheless, and it was going OK until he disconnected for whatever reason. Since he wasn't adding much, we continued on without him, and 5 or 7 minutes later, he joined back and abruptly proceeded to screw everything up- dumping libraries into graveyards, clearing the field, the whole shebang. Well, in the end we had our host make a new password-protected game, since the guy kept sitting down when his seat was vacated, making the seat unremovable. If you'd do anything about him, I'm sure we'd all be grateful.