News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Enigmatic Bug that appears as Impersonation?

Started by Remag, December 05, 2010, 12:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remag

I would like to report an incident that is quite (to possibly excessively) disconcerting unless it is just a bug copying text from one proxy game I was in to another.

While I was in a game today, late afternoon, someone or something typed in the game chat, under my name, that which I know I did not. The text was simply, "you may" in between some dialogue with the member. Could you please check the logs and tell me if someone was impersonating my screen name? Notice anything else strange?

Trevor

If you were online at the time, you could not have been impersonated. Even if you are not registered, only one person in the is allowed at a time with the same name. This is the sort of thing where a screenshot is really helpful. I can't really investigate this without more information.

First, I assume you don't have "you may" as one of your canned messages, right?

This is not a hack or a impersonation. If anything, this is a bug where your proxy game got a mixed signal from a different proxy game. I assume you were in a proxy game, right? I'm not sure where to start debugging this, but I'll keep an eye out for any of this sort of thing happening in the future.

Remag

Thank you Trevor. Correct, I do not have that canned. If it happens again I will pay closer attention and send a screen shot. I will have to agree with you then that it is not an impersonation or hack since the name was the same as far as I can recall. Not really sure if there was an underscore or other character added to the name. Apologies for rattling the boat as I realize it can be construed the wrong way therefore I will edit the title.