News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic league

Started by Alex_Steinkohl, December 06, 2010, 03:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remag

Hey folks. Just popping in to see how this is developing. Do we have 8 players yet?

teapower

Alex_Steinkohl

Regretfully I have not been able to convince my buddies to use Lackey, so we're back to 5 players.

teapower

Hmm.. Any ideas for gaining more support?

Remag

Okay. Well .. it has been over two months and we only have 5 players while the repeated suggestion of advertising on the server chat (to any degree at all) has gone ignored. We all know advertising is a large key to successfully getting people interested in things so obviously we could do more to make this happen.

As I mentioned before, and since, I have promoted the idea of the Tourney League within the "Info" section that you can see when you click on my name on the server list. If we all do this through Preferences > Player Profile then it is likely that more people will become aware of the possibility of such a League and we will have a greater chance of getting more players. I think that this is the least we can do and I suggest that whoever really wants to see any such Magic League do at least that.

It would even help further if someone (Alex?) would ask Trevor for permission to blast out a few lines in the main server chat a few times a night. 

ParadoX Haze

Would it be a disaster to try and hold a small tournament and see if there are any walk-in competitors?

XoVeR

Hey if you need More players for this league you are trying to organize, I am down

XoVeR

Just PM me if it goes down

Alex_Steinkohl

That makes 7. And I really like the idea of a tournament with walk-in possibility. I'll work something out regarding that. I think in 2 weeks should be good. Just tell me if u have time at that saturday 2 weeks from now and what time zone you are in so i can get the time right.

XoVeR

My big issues with saturday is that I work from 4 to 9 pm PST.  so if I were to do a tourney it would have to be earlier in the day or later at night Pacific Standard time.

Melkor1010

Treznor and I will totally play!  I didn't see this thread until now.  Let me know...I'll communicate for the both of us.  And i'll be sure to check this thread often.  If you need any information from me let me know.

Melkor1010

We are both on the east coast.  Saturday works for me if it's late.  I work most Saturday nights as well...but if it's 8-9 PST, that means 11pm-12am here...that works for me lol.  Again, I'll be sure to check this thread often.  Let's do this.

Alex_Steinkohl

I'm glad you did finally notice this thread because now, there's 8 players.

Which means that everyone consider the games you play in the upcoming tournament your placing matches!

As of now I got only 2 different time zones here  PST and EST. Are there any more I'd need to take into consideration?

Melkor1010

I'm going to assume no because no one has responded.

teapower

Whens the first tourney?

papi

any more spots open? i just found the page lol