News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card Images Don't Download

Started by Ayotte, December 11, 2010, 07:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayotte

Windows7 12-10 update.  Magic medium quality images.

For any card that isn't one that's already loaded, as soon as it's visible or loaded or whatever triggers the image download, the bar at the top of my lackey window says "% DL of plugins/magic/sets/setimages/SETNAME/CARDNAME.jpg" and then nothing happens; it gets stuck there.  No images download.  The Unhinged mountain, strangely enough, takes about 10 seconds to go through the download, but once it finishes it starts downloading again and never loads the image.  This is the only card image I have seen even try to download, and it takes longer than any other card would.

At first, the Unhinged mountain deal was the only issue, but after a couple days I got the problems downloading other images.

Edit: I tried switching to high quality images and the following blocks failed to download: 2010, and anything after Invasion.

Ayotte

I'm curious that this hasn't had a reply yet.  It's really annoying having to read names instead of recognize cards by their pictures; it's like I'm playing on MWS.

Edit: I messed around a little bit and here's some more detail on what's happening:

If the program hasn't tried to download an image because it appeared in a game yet, and I search for the card in deck editor, it loads fine.  However, as soon as the card appears in-game, it won't download.  I try and force it to download by canceling it and then going to the deck editor and searching for the card, but that doesn't work if it's already tried and failed in a game.

Ayotte

Obviously this isn't affecting everyone or it would have been mentioned before now

Ayotte

The default one: angelfire.

Trevor:  I tried downloading all missing card images and it worked for the few most recent blocks but then couldn't download after that.  At some point at Lorwyn or older (I wasn't watching the whole time), it switched to core sets and downloaded to alpha, but then every card it tried in alpha failed and it takes forever for it to notice it can't download so I haven't gotten further than that.

Alastair

Look at the various CardURL text files in your magic plugin directly. Open one of them with a text editor and locate a card that the image is missing for you inside Lackey, then attempt to go to that URL with your web browser. For example http://magiccards.info/scans/en/lw/6.jpg

Need to narrow down what the problem is exactly. It's unlikely that it is lackey or the plugin itself given the number of people successfully using magic. Regardless, need to verify that the url's do work for you either way it goes.

Ayotte

While doing so, I noticed the unhinged mountain file exists as an image that can't be opened.  It's also 1.17 MB large, compared to the ~75 KB of the other images.

http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/unhinged/Mountain.jpg

Alastair

Ya, seems like there an issue with some of the images. Which is a problem outside the control of anyone associated with Lackey. It also seems to be a hit or miss thing. These same problem images might work fine or some people, but be corrupted for others. About the best you can do at this time is to clear your internet cache and try again later.

Ayotte

That's really weird.  I don't understand what happens to make it happen.  It has to be something; theres no reason my plugin's files should be different from others or link to different images on the internet if there weren't some sort of software problem somewhere.

Alastair

Something inbetween the route from you to the image server. Most of the files work perfectly for me, except about 4 or 5 that are corrupted. Certainly not any full sets. Other than that I'm out of ideas on what your problem could be.