News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

A LackeyCCG impostor from brazil... "YDA"

Started by Trevor, May 09, 2010, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

It has come to my attention that some people have begun distributing LackeyCCG as their own work. They downloaded Lackey from my site, renamed the .exe and changed the icon, and are pretending that they are the creators of LackeyCCG. Their hack is referred to as YDA (Yugioh Duel Arena) and its creators are based in Brazil. What follows is a letter to everyone who has been using YDA.

QuoteA letter to the people who use YDA (Yugioh Duel Arena):
What you know as YDA is actually none other than LackeyCCG, a program I wrote to play any Collectible Card Game. My website is www.lackeyccg.com. What someone has done is downloaded my program from my website, renamed the application .exe, and gave it a different icon. They then tried to distribute it as their own work. I have put a lot of time and effort into creating LackeyCCG, which I make available to everyone for free from my website, http://www.lackeyccg.com.

A plugin is a compartmentalized set of files that Lackey uses to play any specific CCG. There are many collectible card games available for people to play with Lackey, not just Yugioh. I don't insist on controlling any of the plugins used by Lackey. In fact, most of the game plugins are created by people other than myself. I don't know the intent of the person or persons who repackaged Lackey and renamed it YDA, but if they did it because they wanted a more updated version of the Yugioh plugin, one that includes more cards and has improved functionality, then they can still get that while using Lackey in the intended way. If they just did it to steal the credit, then that is a really dirtbag thing to do, especially because I spent so much time and effort making it and I am not even charging any money for it.

If you want to help update the yugioh plugin to include all missing cards, or want to improve it, talk in the lackeyccg.com forum for plugins. I strongly advise you to completely stop using the impostor YDA. Whoever packaged it did a poor job doing so, and made several mistakes.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at trevor@lackeyccg.com, or post in my forum at lackeyccg.com

-Trevor Agnitti
The creator of LackeyCCG

magekirbys

netfirecat

Whoever did it 1) doesn't know how to properly plagerize, 2) isn't smart enough to actually try to build it themselves, and 3) aren't smart enough to actually post it so that the original author wont find it...

Alastair

I've set this topic sticky. At least long enough to ensure enough people see it.

Howl

That's depressing.... Its like sum1 takin the mona lisa turning it upside down and saying its theirs.... Well.. If u guys need help with sumthng ill be here makin my plugins..

SugimoriDesu

To do something like that is really screwed up. It's also kinda silly that someone would just change an icon and such.

tomaszavenger

It could be prevented by hardcoding a welcome screen to lackey with details on the creators, site, etc.

Trevor

Quote from: tomaszavenger on August 28, 2010, 11:04:15 AM
It could be prevented by hardcoding a welcome screen to lackey with details on the creators, site, etc.
Lackey already has coded in links to lackeyccg.com.

tomaszavenger

Quote from: Trevor on August 28, 2010, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: tomaszavenger on August 28, 2010, 11:04:15 AM
Lackey already has coded in links to lackeyccg.com.
Okay, that's good then, if they're clear it'd be more of a deterrant.
But glad you managed to resolve this issue.

KING

After some time, they're back doing the same thing:

http://www.yugiohsemlimites.com/2010/12/yda-20-openbeta-no-ar.html

What should be notice is that, despite having said something in the comments, there's no reference to Lackey CCG or link to the website at this blog. There's even going to have a tournament this blog by the "YDA".

Last edit: Another blog is announcing "YDA": http://5dsbr.blogspot.com/search/label/Mat%C3%A9rias

Sadistik

wow i cant beleive how much people can be douchebags .... stealing this program you work so hard to make ....

Are they really gonna make a yu-gi-oh ds game with that? would be really lame.

KING

Well, there's some douchebags there that actually think that the YDA is a whole new software and they've done everything from scratch.

Even so, it's not a few who knows and mocks him for what they did. In fact, here's the Orkut community for YDA: http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community?cmm=109512221

Feel free to mock them. It doesn't have to be at their own language, as they should know that he would be getting themselves into problems at a international level (one of them even asked the leader to bail out and he did with sucess LOL).

Alastair

Quote from: KING on December 28, 2010, 07:21:55 PM
Feel free to mock them. It doesn't have to be at their own language, as they should know that he would be getting themselves into problems at a international level (one of them even asked the leader to bail out and he did with sucess LOL).

Mocking them would do no good and would only serve to bring the reputation of the Lackey community down. Trevor's aware of the situation and if he wants to take legal action, it's his choice.

KING

Good point. I've only thought that they should be aware that there some people that despise them for what they have done. It's good to know that there's some people here that think of the consequences of their acts before doing.

But, at the same time, I was only remembering of the people that were mocking when it was YDA's first time and Trevor himself was asking at their's Orkut Community to they stop distribucting Lackey. I've took screeshots of every page and everything that was said (although many of you wouldn't understand portuguese) and I only thought that things were only going to repeat again.