News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Desperately Seeking Fantasy Artist(s)

Started by Cyrus, December 15, 2010, 11:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

My game is in playtesting right now and I hope to be able to release it by next year. I have even found a way to print the cards cheap! So basically all that stands in the way now is getting around 180 pieces of art. Not all from one artist of course, but any contributions would help.
The game's setting is general high fantasy. Humans, elves, mages, demons, and angels make up the races of the game so far. I'd need art for their Unit cards as well as weaponry, locations, spells, and action cards. Specifics don't really matter, all card names are just placeholders really anyway. If you'd like to see a list of names and what the cards do so you could have a better idea of what kind of art I'm looking for just ask.
I cannot offer any monetary compensation at the moment, and possibly never. Royalties will be paid out to all artists based on a % of art provided if/when the game sells. If I can use a piece for two cards (such as one part of it for a Unit, then zoom in on his sword for a Weapon) it would count as 2 contributed pieces. Right now, however, all I can offer is artist credit on the card, as well as credit in the back of the rule book, along with a link to a website or email address as provided by the artist (if wanted).
So if you are someone you know would like some exposure and to help out an indie game in the making, let me know!