Multiple card backs allowed in the new lackey.

Started by Trevor, January 03, 2011, 10:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

A number of plugins have cards with unique card back images. Some plugins require multiple card back images, like Rage I think. Wow CCG has unique card images for every hero card, for example.

When I post the next lackey, which should be pretty soon, it lets plugin makers have a unique card back. Doing this is easy.

You just add the following line at the end of plugininfo.txt:
ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS:"yes"

Then, in the card data files, in the ImageFile column (the 3rd column), you need to separate the card image names with a comma.
Kind of like this
Awesomeness<tab>SomeSet<tab>ALPHA001,ALPHA001BACK<tab>Text
Obviously this means you can't have commas in card image file names with this setting enabled, but you probably shouldn't use commas in card image file names anyway. Note that you don't have to define unique card backs for every card. But those cards you do define a second image file name will have unique card image backs. All others will use the default card back.

Things should work intuitively. In the deck editor, to see the back of a card, you hit the shift key. I may change that, but currently that's how it works. I may also put a reminder note shown when a card has a unique card back, along the lines of "Shift to view back".

If you have a plugin, you might want to start thinking about if you want to incorporate this feature. Some plugins have tried to hack this type of feature by adding extra cards for the "backs" of cards. Those plugins will need to remove the duplicate entry and add the second card image to the real card entry.

Picks-at-Flies

*hugs*

Thank you not only for doing this, but doing it in a very practical way.

Bob the Builder

hmm, sounds cool..definately want to learn wow now.. and can see some of the L5R mon back cards getting put in very cool

Picks-at-Flies

Hi Trevor,
I'm finally trying to get this going and it's playing up:
- If it shows the right image to begin with then it shows the right back
- Some cards end up being the card back on both sides (all the combat cards down the bottom are examples, but I had it to at least one double-sided character)
- Others have completely the wrong image; these are the wrong image on both sides.  The image seems to relate to whatever is in the Character superzone.

Curiously, it happens the same way each time, but as far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing wrong with the info.

You'll see examples of all of these in the screenshot* - all of the cards down the bottom should be red-framed combat cards, and they are all face up.  (For reference, I opened three existing decks, and some of the cards in the middle are from the other decks I opened.)
* http://www.werepenguin.com/rage/lackey/doubleside-error.png

Rapid Reload Ahadi-War_Council rage.image.combat.action.rapid.reload,combatback Jess Stoncius - [NU] Combat Action Not frenzied - Firearm Constrained 3 0 - Requires: Firearm AND not frenzied. Combat Restricted. You take a moment to load in another clip. Draw 3 combat cards.
Sybil TheWyrm rage.image.garou.sybil,rage.image.crinos.sybil Ron Spencer U [WCH] Character - Wyrm Iliad - Fomori - Pentex - Homid - Beast-of-War - Wyrm - Team #21 - Female 5 3 2 3 Sybil can pack attack or defend with any other member of First Team #21 in her pack.
Sybil (Crinos Form) TheWyrm rage.image.crinos.sybil Ron Spencer U Character (Crinos) Iliad - Fomori - Pentex - Homid - Beast-of-War - Wyrm - Team #21 - Female 5 6 2 7 Sybil can pack attack or defend with any other member of First Team #21 in her pack. Sybil can continue to use 'Homid Only' Equipment in her Battle form.

Take it to PM if it's easier, or I can send you all the files.

Cheers, PaF

Trevor

Let me see the whole plugin and I can find the problem.