News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Dark Order CCG idea

Started by Dragoon, January 04, 2011, 09:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Hi all,
During holidays, I allways get new idea's for games. Usually I try to implement them into current projects, but sometimes they are too great/big or just don't fit in at all. And sometimes they become games on their own!
NOTE: This project won't do any harm to any other project, I promise.

The Idea
Each player takes the role of a leader/deity/ancient one of a cult and tries to convert a large amount of people to his/her belief.

The Goal
Each player tries to convert a set amount of population to his/her side. To do so, players can use Cultists, Pawns, Actions, and Threat to convert population to their followers. Population is marked by population tokens. The amount of tokens varies on the amount of players.

Cards
Each card has a value on the top right ranging from one to three. You can build a deck with maximum amount of value equal to 30. This means that you will end up with a small deck of between 10 to 30 cards.
Also, each card has a set duration of how long it stays in play.

Pawn
Pawns are the characters you use to manipulate populations. Pawns have two stats: Influence and Strength. Pawns are divided in three classes: Commoners (the normal humans that serve you) Supernaturals (monsters and humans with special powers) and Summons (avatars of god and other powerful beings). Pawn cards are blue.

Actions
Actions are special effects used for manipulation. Actions have an influence stat. Like pawns, actions are divided in three classes: Actions (Done by normal humans), Spells (cast by supernaturals), and Fate (Powerful manipulation of fate itself!) Action cards are red.

Attachments
The final card type are attachments. Attachments must be attached to either pawns or players. Like others, attachments are divided in three classes: Items, Artifacts, and Relics. Attachment cards are purple.

The Turn
The players play in turns. At the beginning of a turn, your 'action points' are set to 4. Using an action will use up 1 action point. Action points won't dissapear if you haven't used them during your turn, however, they will dissapear at the beginning of your turn. You can use the following actions ONLY during your turn:
- Draw a card.
- Collect 1 threat.
- Play a card. (This may cost more 'action points' if listed so on the card)
- Sway population.
- Recruit followers as cultists.
- Attack the enemy

Also, there are also several actions that may be taken at any time. These are
- Play a instant card (Instant cards have listed 'Instant' at their type line)
- Sacrifice cultists

A clearer definition of the actions will come later.

Resources
There are three main 'resources' in the game.

Threat
This is used to pay for cards. Cards don't require high threat costs, but it can be used to improve on the effects (Think like magic's Kicker ability)

Domains
At the start of a match, you must choose four domains you will draw power from. Cards require an amount of domains of a type to be played. Some cards will require combinations of domains. Domains are NEVER used up. They can't be lost, but you are able to gain them using card effects.

The domains are:
- The Realm of Searing Light
- The Realm of Buring Ice

More domains can be added later.

Population
Population is required to win the game, but it can also be converted into cultists and sacrifice for very powerful card effects.

Battles & Swaying population.
I am working on how to work this out, but there won't be any relationship between combat and victory. Combat may make victory easier, but it won't let you win.

Well, that was it for now. If you guys (and girls) have any idea's, please throw them this way.

yudencow

I like the idea. I always wanted to play an evil archfiend f*cking up places I don't like with misery and death.

This game really pushes you to become more evil than your opponent, but for a short time.

I don't understand why to limit you deck like that. It sound like a wargame. The word "pawn" is laming the cards. Also, the population isn't treated as a resource as it clearly should.

if you go this way, like wargames, you can decide that different type of matches would limit different numbers i.e. 30, 60, 90 and whatever. Change "pawn" to something like "herald" that sounds better. The threat itself with the gained population are enough, there is no need for domains other than defining what theme your deck have (you don't have land/mana cards or anything similar to contain it). Differ populations by a neutral deck of countries. Draw from it every turn to see what is the contested area until it's completly harvested of cultists and move on.

I want to play this game not as a board game or a wargame but as a card game. Make it happen!