News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New Resource System

Started by yudencow, January 04, 2011, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yudencow

I wanted the game to make the players more assertive, so they would play like they got a pair. I wanted to ask what's your mind on this resource system.

The first resource, Pride, begins at 5 up until 25. With it you summon cards into the field. It goes up by 1 on everybody's turn.

The second resource, Credit, begins at 0. you gain credit by killing, damaging, constructing and completing objectives. With it you can by Consumables (1 time effect) to support the cards on the field. the remaining Credit plus bonus Credits for the victor and some for performance (evan if you lose) add up so you could use in an open world economy with open trade, crafting, auction house and so on.

Suggestions, remarks?

Cyrus

Quote from: yudencow on January 04, 2011, 01:25:33 PM
the remaining Credit plus bonus Credits for the victor and some for performance (evan if you lose) add up so you could use in an open world economy with open trade, crafting, auction house and so on.

Suggestions, remarks?

You mean points earned in game would be used to buy things not in game? Seems over reaching unless you want to make a separate program to play the game.
Besides that, I simply don't like rewards (especially Resources) for winning in games because its rewarding you for winning...which should be reward enough on its own (within the game I mean).

yudencow

Let me rephrase. The Credit earned from previous matches will infect how much of it you would come to the next stage of the tournament.

Quote from: Cyrus on January 04, 2011, 05:55:28 PM
You mean points earned in game would be used to buy things not in game? Seems over reaching unless you want to make a separate program to play the game.

You are right, I am planning to do it in another program. The economy was meant for online play. The Credit earned from battles and than used creating your personal journey. It meant to make you not just enjoy the social and tactical aspects of the game.   

Quote from: Cyrus on January 04, 2011, 05:55:28 PM
I simply don't like rewards (especially Resources) for winning in games because its rewarding you for winning...which should be reward enough on its own (within the game I mean).

I might be a hard core wrestling fan hen I say this, but it's not about winning, it's about putting a great show. The Credit resuorce reward you for your performance, not for your victory per se. The players would get a bonus for their remaining life points but mostly for putting threats, answering threats and creating combos.

comments?

Cyrus

sounds cool but it would probably take a lot of coding or a lot of judges to keep track of how much to give each player.

yudencow

Quote from: Cyrus on January 05, 2011, 12:15:48 PM
sounds cool but it would probably take a lot of coding or a lot of judges to keep track of how much to give each player.

Thanks for the support.
If it is done online, there is no need for a judge just a good anti-hacking from the server side.
If it is done in real-life within a league, they can keep simple score using pen and paper, kept safe by the league's founder, at their meeting place or any great idea you might come up with.
If it is done in official tournaments, there are judges anyway so no problem.

There is a formula to easily calculate how much Credit they'll receive. Like basketball, players are evaluated at there performance with a basic formula, so it is here.