News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lefty-Righty Question

Started by Crisses, January 25, 2011, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crisses

Newbie observation:

Is it me, or do drawn cards load for lefties? (or people who draw cards to the back of their hand on the left...)  I'm used to reaching out with my right hand and adding new cards to the right side of my hand (to the "front" of my hand splayed where I can read the new text).  In the game, it seems that new cards come in from the left.  I'm always saying "Hey, where's my new card?  Oh... is that it over there?" :)

I guess everyone's pretty used to it by now, but is that something that could be a gameplay option (player preference) in the future?  It's going to give me a headache for a bit -- being that I read left to right and expect the new "word" at the "end" of my sentence, not the beginning :) heh.  I'm sure others expect the new input on the left, but this is something we usually hard-wire in our brains until forced to get over ourselves.

Trevor

I asked for some feedback from a few people about where the new card drawn should go, relative to the hand. Everyone I asked agreed that the left most spot in the hand was best.

This isn't strictly an aesthetic thing because position can matter. As it is, the card is sent to position 0, which is the left most position. So if your card went to position 7, for example, this is not just an aesthetic difference.

You're gonna have to get used to it.

When it comes to things as minor as this, I could make it an option, but this is actually deceptively a bad thing to add. Each time I add a new feature, I ask myself "Does the added utility offset the increased complexity of the interface it would add?"
Consider the extreme where I made options to do every little thing you can think of. The GUI would quickly become unusable, or at the very least dauntingly user un-friendly.