News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

cannot connect to server or update plugins

Started by Gregg, February 02, 2011, 11:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

I have been playing magic on lackey for a long time now but after mbs came out i tried to update plugin and it just gave me a error timed out message at the time i was still able to connect to servers at the time so i updated it on on a computer i dont use often and just moved the files into the appropriate file on this computer only to find when i tried to connect to a server by IP address i got an odd error message "Client got unkown message.: 25"

which was working up until I saw there was a new magic plugin
and when I try find server and connect it just says  error retrieving server list from server. attempting to use local list...
error reading the local serverlist.txt
error"unable to get server list.

I know its not my firewall cause i have allowed the program and even disabled it to see if it was the problem and made lackey an administrative program and lackey is up to date and forgot half the other stuff I tried  and cant figure out what went wrong

if anyone has any idea how to fix this any help would be welcomed

Thanks,
Gregg

Trevor

Gregg

the auto update says currently up to date and my build version is 12-12-10

Trevor

Gregg

Im assuming you want me to download it again which I did and its exactly the same with same errors  and i have tried that before with same results

Trevor

12-12-10 is not the latest.  Jan 28 is the latest, and it is linked in the downloads section.

Gregg

ah yes for whatever reason it downloads right version but if i use the updater it resets lackeys version to 12-12-10  not sure why though i have the correct version now but i still cannot  download plugins

combination of my firewall getting programs that don't exist confused with ones that do and me not thinking cause lack of server connection  but not sure why it did'nt allow lackey all of a sudden had been working up until a week ago

also only lets  me connect through the IP address option

Trevor

I might have messed up when I posted the updater stuff. A direct download will fix it. I will be posting a new version soon and I will make sure the updater works for that one.

Gregg

the latest patch has fixed all the problems i mentioned before Thank you Trevor

well whenever i try to update the pictures it gets stuck on gwylion hedge mage but otherwise its all working again ty