News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lackey performance

Started by acordeon, February 06, 2011, 02:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acordeon

I've noticed that lackey is subject to frequent slowdowns.  Often in the midst of doing an operation (dragging a card, clicking on something in a list, clicking a button, etc.) lackey will freeze for a second or two, then continue.  This can be pretty annoying in the middle of a game, and sometimes cause me to drop a card in the wrong place, click the wrong item in a menu, etc.

I'm on a Win 7 64-bit machine, with plenty of speed and RAM, so don't think that's the problem.  Lackey is in my 32-bit apps folder.  In general, most programs are quite zippy on this machine, including graphics-intensive ones.

A few other things I've noticed about this:
* When I first download and do a clean install of lackey, it's fast at first, then gets slower over time.   So when I first installed the new beta, it was faster for a while.  But when updating "in place" to a new version of the beta, I don't see any improvement.
* It doesn't seem to matter how many other programs are running in windows, or how much RAM is tied up.
* It doesn't seem to have to do with playing sounds or drawing card images, as I do get slowdowns where neither of these things are involved.
* I get pauses even when not connected to a server (using the deck editor, playing in solitaire mode, etc.)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve lackey performance?

Thanks!

SugimoriDesu

Holy crap, i return!

Now, on topic: Lackey has always been prone to frequent slowdowns. for the longest time, there was a memory leak that just wouldn't die. As i haven't been around since summer of last year, i'm not exactly sure if that's been fixed though.