News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

02-09-11 Problems thread.

Started by TookieWilliams, February 11, 2011, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TookieWilliams

Hey Trev there seems to be a lot of frustrating random disconnects.  I heard people saying it was when you spawn a card, so i tried doing just that and sure enough lackey froze up and we all got booted out of our game, but then later i tried again and seemed to work fine and again got booted later, so im thinking its not when you spawn cards its just kind of for lack of a better term "random".  Wish i had a specific trigger for whats causing these disconnects but seems to have no specific trigger.  Anyways keep up the good love ur program.

Tookie aka Racslice aka Kid Dynamite

Edited to make sence =P

Trevor

I may have a possible fix, if what I'm thinking is the source of the disconnects.

TookieWilliams

The more i use lackey the more i think its a problem with spawned cards sometimes crash from spawning cards and sometimes from putting spawned cards in the graveyard or maybe any other zone.  Hope thats what you were thinking the problem was.

Tookie

Remag

Hi, I experienced the token bug again today but this time Lackey crashed for me when it was my opp that generated the tokens.

Anyway, besides that I am posting today to let you know that I have been experiencing an odd bug in the deck editor that I have been able repeat. When I drag a card from the main list to my deck then the bottom two cards of that deck list will turn into that card added. The odd thing about it is that is does not always happen. It might only be when I drag a card to the top of the list. If I make sure to click add (+1 or +4) instead of dragging it is usually fine. Has anyone else had this happen?

Trevor

Quote from: Remag on February 13, 2011, 11:34:46 AM
Hi, I experienced the token bug again today but this time Lackey crashed for me when it was my opp that generated the tokens.

Anyway, besides that I am posting today to let you know that I have been experiencing an odd bug in the deck editor that I have been able repeat. When I drag a card from the main list to my deck then the bottom two cards of that deck list will turn into that card added. The odd thing about it is that is does not always happen. It might only be when I drag a card to the top of the list. If I make sure to click add (+1 or +4) instead of dragging it is usually fine. Has anyone else had this happen?
Can you show a screenshot of right before you drop the card and things get messed up, and one after they get messed up?

Remag

No. How would that help anyway? Take my word for it. Sending you on a wild goose chase would be a waste of my time, kind of like posting in this forum. Haha ... just kidding. But really, how would that help?

Trevor

Quote from: Remag on February 13, 2011, 02:34:53 PM
No. How would that help anyway? Take my word for it. Sending you on a wild goose chase would be a waste of my time, kind of like posting in this forum. Haha ... just kidding. But really, how would that help?
There are many things a screenshot will tell. For example,

Is combine reprints checked?
Is autosort on?
What columns are things being sorted by?
Which superzone are you editing?
Do you have filters on?
Is the deck list scrolled down?
and many other things.

You'd be surprised how screenshots will help identify a problem that I might not even consider asking about. It's very common for someone to report something like: "I can't see my opponent's cards on the table", and then I investigate, and it turns out that their opponent had left the game, and hence their cards would disappear. Or "My cards in my hand are face down" and it turns out that they are looking at an opponent's hand, which is by default not revealed to them.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and they are very helpful in finding problems.

Remag

True and fair enough. From now on I will take screenshots. In regards to the questions pertaining to my last report. 1) Yes. 2) No. 3) Default manual sort. 4) Either main deck or side board. 5) Standard. 6) The rest just as I have always had it set for smooth performance. Ty.

Trevor

It's an autosort bug, or rather a non-autosort bug. Use autosort until I fix it.