News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Bug

Started by Ram, February 17, 2011, 03:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ram

Apologies if you already know about this.

I accidentally made a deck in my sideboard.

Saved the deck, then realised my mistake, and began dragging the cards over.
I did so, by click-draging each group of cards one at a time to the deck tab.
When I dragged the last group of cards over, Lackey imeadiately crashed.

I then reopened lackey, opened the saved deck and again tried to correct it.
Lackey repeatedly crashed when removing the last group of cards from the side to the main.
I eventually got around it, by use of the -1/-all buttons, and then adding the cards back to the deck.

(I generated the bug playing magic)

Trevor

Is Auto-sort checked?

On a related note, there was a minor bug (possibly causing a crash) that occurs with the auto-sort not checked. I don't think people easily understand what the auto-sort button is for, and I often get reports that things are sorting (because it is unchecked). After weighing the utility of having the ability to freely arrange your cards against the issues it can cause, I've decided to just remove that as an option. In the next version of Lackey I post, the deck list will always be autosorted. If there is a large amount of support of the ability to freely arrange cards, I can add it back later. But for the time being I think reducing the complexity of the interface will be better overall than adding a slight amount more utility.

Ram

Auto-Sort is checked.

EDIT: I originally found the bug with the mac build dated 08/02/11. Will check it with the newer version now.

Ram

Failed to replicate it with 9/2/11.

bayibesarajaib

mr. trevor plzz dont remove ability to freely arrange your cards. i hate auto sort coz it make me confuse when building a deck and i like to screnshot my tiled deck. when it auto sort the screenshot looked ugly...

Trevor

Quote from: bayibesarajaib on February 23, 2011, 08:36:30 AM
mr. trevor plzz dont remove ability to freely arrange your cards. i hate auto sort coz it make me confuse when building a deck and i like to screnshot my tiled deck. when it auto sort the screenshot looked ugly...
OK, that's one vote to allow free sort. I'm still not convinced that adding the option is worth the increased complexity and confusion. People didn't seem to understand what the auto-sort check box did, and complained when things didn't work as they expected. Unless anyone can suggest a better interface for it that is less confusing, I will need to be convinced that the increased utility is worth adding the free sort back in.

bayibesarajaib

mr where i can get older build date of lacky... i want to use it free sort feature... i have deleted my older version... could you give me that one please...

Trevor

Quote from: bayibesarajaib on February 23, 2011, 07:59:47 PM
mr where i can get older build date of lacky... i want to use it free sort feature... i have deleted my older version... could you give me that one please...
The old version is no compatible with the new one. I think I will add back free sort, but I will set autosort on by default, and bury the ability to turn it off in the preferences pane.

bayibesarajaib

Quote from: bayibesarajaib on February 23, 2011, 07:59:47 PM
The old version is no compatible with the new one. I think I will add back free sort, but I will set autosort on by default, and bury the ability to turn it off in the preferences pane.
ok thank you so much mr.trevor....:)