News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Cheating

Started by Damon001, February 18, 2011, 12:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon001

well i had a problem with a player

we were in a situation where it was the final turn for me or for him...

and as the things were going i was going to win...

the other player felt the pression and recurred to cheat.. i have the screen shot where we can see that we does not draws... after my turn... i am Damon

and he plays a plains from graveyard... and with that he could win

i give the link to the image... make your opinions...

also another player... Grok... has told me that this is not the first time that this happens with this player... but that is just another situation and i dont know the details

thanks!

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n486/Damon001/?action=view&current=Capturadepantalla2011-02-18alas000151.png

Damon001

Yes as I said I did received that message

and if u have an screen shoot please post it

we would like to see your evidence

salmonofdoubt

Just to be clear, I have no evidence of DemonicSei cheating in the past. I simply advised Damon that he should inform the community when someone cheats, and I mentioned that I had seen a post (now deleted, it seems) where Trevor suspected that DemonicSei was using multiple names while claiming to be different people. Based on this fishy behavior, I thought this current issue would be relevant to the Lackey community in general. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Since trust is the glue holding our community together, it is pertinent that everyone is aware of people who choose to take advantage of that trust in questionable ways.

Since I started typing this, DemonicSei has posted about me, which I will now respond to. I have no memory of cheating in any Lackey game, and I believe I have played exactly one match against DemonicSei a long time ago. If DemonicSei would like to show me his visual evidence of what he believes happened, I would be happy to attempt to recall the situation. (Despite repeatedly asking him to show me this evidence directly, he has ignored my requests. I find this behavior to be very inappropriate, and representative of all my interactions with DemonicSei.)

I did not mean to damage your reputation beyond what Damon has to say about you, Demonic, and I hope you are not trying to drag my name through the mud out of spite.

Speaking of names, DemonSei continues to emphasize that my name has changed from "Grok" to "Grok1". This occurred a while back when I got disconnected from the server and could not immediately log back on with the same username, so I just added a 1 to the end of it. Out of laziness, I have not changed it back. This is in no way equivalent to DemonicSei's alleged use of multiple names, where he claims to be different people. For the record, I have used the names "Salmonofdoubt" and "Marklar" on lackey in the past, and would gladly give away this information to anyone who asks.

--Grok

salmonofdoubt

Once again, I am baffled by DemonicSei's actions. When I was writing my last post, Demonic clearly stated that he had evidence of me (Grok) cheating. After I approached him about it, he told me he was sending evidence directly to Trevor and that I could not see it. Shortly before I posted my rather long response, Demonic edited his post, presumably removing this accusation. I'm not sure how to respond to someone who continually changes their argument. Is there some way for the moderators to recover an edited post?

salmonofdoubt

Yes, that is what the post says now, but the last time I read it you accused me of cheating. You said the same thing in the Lackey chat, which I can provide a log of if need be.

I am quite frustrated with all of this deception.

salmonofdoubt

One final update regarding DemonicSei:

Despite going through a relatively friendly draft, DemonicSei chose to insult me and then remove me from my seat while I was trying to play a game. This made it impossible to continue play as normal, and he would not leave when requested. My opponent and I were forced to create a password protected game, just so we could properly play without DemonicSei's interference.

salmonofdoubt

Now that DemonicSei has deleted all but one of his messages, he has certainly made this thread appear to be me babbling to myself about posts that do not exist. I think this tactic of writing something controversial and then deleting it instead of backing up an argument is extremely deceptive. I hope the moderators of Lackey take note of this behavior.

salmonofdoubt

I would respond to your last post, Demonic, but I fear you will just delete it like you did for most of the others. Suffice to say that your tactics of deception and humiliation are not worth responding to anymore.

Trevor

Two people should never see a card played from a different source, even if their plugins don't match. The only case it could possibly happen is if player A moves it to the hand and player B moves it to the discard pile at the same time. Then when player A receives the message from player B, he gets a message telling him the card was moved to the discard pile. And when player B receives the message the message tells him the card goes to the hand. I could implement a system for resolving this conflict, but that is a lot of overhead and it should be a very rare occurrence. It would be difficult to get this sort of out-of-sync error if you were trying to get it.

The error should never happen if you don't mess with the other player's cards, specifically you should let a person move to his hand a card, or move to his discard pile a card.

If you see different cards, that is likely caused by different versions of the plugin. People should be using the same version of the plugin, and there is no excuse not to. You can update a plugin with a single mouse click, you are warned before entered a game with a person using a different version, and when you actually connect to a person with a different version you are again warned that this could cause problems.

Trevor

Quote from: salmonofdoubt on February 18, 2011, 01:51:03 AM
One final update regarding DemonicSei:

Despite going through a relatively friendly draft, DemonicSei chose to insult me and then remove me from my seat while I was trying to play a game. This made it impossible to continue play as normal, and he would not leave when requested. My opponent and I were forced to create a password protected game, just so we could properly play without DemonicSei's interference.
When did this occur? I have banned DemonicSei for disturbing games in this same fashion before. If he did this after his last ban, I will ban him permanently.

Remag

This is not surprising at all. Demonic Sei has proven to be quite the smarmy and conniving shit disturber of compulsive lying trolls to several people on Lackey, myself included. A few people private messaged me to confirm his trollish limelighting.

I was harassed by him for over a week until I finally put him on ignore. Alas that was not enough and he proceeded to force me to host games with a password (which resulted in much fewer games and longer waits) due to his blocking of my hosting by taking a seat in the game and just sitting idle.

What's more is that not to long ago, I observed for more than two weeks time, someone's Lackey account named "Ban Demonic Sei" with a call for petition attached. I say send a message to any prospective cow patty pushers out there and give him an extended ban.     

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on February 18, 2011, 09:15:12 AM
I did not disturb any game, I WAS PART OF THE DRAFT.
Ask knof, we played our game while Chox played his against Grok1.
If you were asked to leave and kept joining, and required them to use a password to prevent you from joining, that is exactly the abuse I was referring to.

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: DemonicSei on February 18, 2011, 10:30:53 AM
I was not ask to leave and did not kept joining. I was already in the room (it was a draft) when they started playing. I was making my deck in the meantime. They decided to make another room to play each other while I waited for knof to finish is deck, then me and knof got ourselves a room and played our game.

That's how it went.
So no, there were no abuse Trevor and no I don't deserve to be banned.

This is most certainly not what happened, and I am sure I can get Chox to testify in favor of my description of the events. Additionally, I have a screen shot of this abuse, but the log obviously doesn't record who kicks who from what seats, so it would be reliant on what the witnesses have to say. (Although this did occur last night not long after this thread was opened).

Basically, we did a four player draft including DemonicSei. After the draft we waited for everyone to finish building their decks. Chox and I finished first, so we started playing our round in the same room demonic was already in. A few turns in, I was vacated from my seat, causing me to lose control of my permanents, and unable to continue playing. I sat back down and attempted to continue, but I was removed yet again. This time, demonic sat down where I was sitting previously. I asked him to stop disrupting us, but he denied that it was him. I then asked him to leave and open a separate game for him and the fourth player to have their first round, but demonic refused to leave. Chox suggested that we open a room with a password, which he did.

However, I will not provide the actual screen shot under the pretense that it will get DemonicSei permanently banned. Instead, I will request that Demonic start behaving more gentlemanly. If I find out about another disruption, I will publicly post my evidence and let Trevor decide what to do with it.

It is your choice how to behave, DemonicSei. I hope you make the right decision.

Alastair

What was the date and time, or as close as you can get to it. That'll help narrow down what Trevor needs to look at.

salmonofdoubt

As I mentioned before, I'd rather give DemonicSei one last chance to improve his behavior before I give Trevor an excuse to ban him again. If he continues to abuse people's trust on Lackey, then I will provide all the information you need to pinpoint the abuse.