News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can't download plugins

Started by pAuLiStErROX, February 19, 2011, 11:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pAuLiStErROX

Hi, I'm new to LackeyCCG and I just downloaded the program yesterday.  I need help trying to figure out why I keep getting an error EVERY time I try to update ANY plugin.  I always get timed out.  I deleted the program and redownloaded it.  I still get the error.  I'm beginning to think this program is just a myth.  Please LackeyCCG Gods, help a lost soul.  I really want to play! 

Edited to make the subject more informative - Alastair

Trevor

Watch the video tutorials and follow them step by step. http://lackeyccg.com/gettingstarted.html

What plugin are you having a problem with?

Bob the Builder

What operating system are you running, if its Windows 7 you need to run Lackey as administrator.. Then things should work fine

Trevor

Quote from: Bob the Builder on February 19, 2011, 01:12:30 PM
What operating system are you running, if its Windows 7 you need to run Lackey as administrator.. Then things should work fine
That is an error with windows, and if you have an up-to-date windows, you shouldn't need to run as an admin. If you DO need to run as admin, go update your OS.

pAuLiStErROX

I'm running windows vista.  I think that should be okay right?  I tried quite a few of the plugins and it would still give me the error message.  Is there something that needs to be done even before trying to update the plugins?

Trevor

Quote from: pAuLiStErROX on February 19, 2011, 03:35:28 PM
I'm running windows vista.  I think that should be okay right?  I tried quite a few of the plugins and it would still give me the error message.  Is there something that needs to be done even before trying to update the plugins?
Did you follow the video tutorial exactly? Specifically, what plugin is causing this error?

pAuLiStErROX

I tried the Magic plugin and it gave me that error

Picks-at-Flies

What error?  "That" error is not particularly clear.

pAuLiStErROX

My fault, it says error: timed out while updating plugin

Bob the Builder

Im running Windows 7 64x and i have to run Lackey as admin..dont know how to upgrade Windows to not have to run as admin..

pAuLiStErROX

I tried running the program as the administrator and it still gave me that error message.

Alastair

That error is most often the result of a firewall or similiar program blocking Lackey from accessing the internet, which it needs to do in order to download and update plugins. Make sure lackeyccg.exe is allowed through your windows firewall, or whatever firewall application you happen to be using.

pAuLiStErROX

I fixed my firewall to allow LackeyCCG to run.  I did everything I could but to no avail, it still didn't work.  I still get that error message.  Well, I think I'm going to give up and throw myself into a moving bus.   :'(

pAuLiStErROX

Is there something that I need to do before I update a plugin?  All I do is just choose a game, choose the image size and then click update from URL right?

Trevor

Quote from: pAuLiStErROX on February 20, 2011, 01:15:45 AM
Is there something that I need to do before I update a plugin?  All I do is just choose a game, choose the image size and then click update from URL right?
Have you tried following the tutorial video step by step?