I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 02-22-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, February 22, 2011, 03:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

This version has a few new things and a bug fix regarding spawned tokens.

There are a few main new things. First, you can now change the font (size and kind) of the text fields and the spreadsheets. The text fields are things like the chat logs, and the spreadsheets are things like the deck editor library and the game list on the server. You can now change the font of these 2 kinds of interface objects in the Preferences -> Appearance panel.
"Text field font size" allows you to change the font for the game log.
"Spreadsheet font size" allows you to change the font for the deck editor.
Your choices are:
HELVETICA_10,
HELVETICA_12,
HELVETICA_18,
8_BY_13,
9_BY_15,
TIMES_ROMAN_10,
TIMES_ROMAN_24

Some people have remarked that the log was hard to read, so you now have the option to increase the size. I am looking for some feedback as to what I should make the default values. Currently, I am using as default values Helvetica_10 for the game log, and helvetica_12 for the deck editor spreadsheet. Let me know if you think the defaults should be something else.

Player created accounts are currently disabled. At the moment, there is no way for you to log in with a password and keep your name reserved. This stuff is being worked on.

The biggest change in this new version has to deal with proxy server settings. Here is how things work now:
You can now test to see if your computer (with your current firewall and router settings) can host without using the proxy server.
If you have never tested if you can host without proxy server, you will need to test before you can host any game (as long as you are connected to the server).
A. If the test reveals you CAN host without proxy server, you will not be given the option to host with proxy server. (If you can host without proxy server, you wouldn't ever want to use the proxy server anyway because the performance may not be as good and if the server goes down for whatever reason, proxy games will close).
B. If the test reveals you CANNOT host without using the proxy server, you will not be given the option to host a normal (i.e., non-proxy) game. No one could connect to you anyway, so this is for the best.

Because I am forcing people to make the best choice now, it is really important that my proxy server test is working for everyone. To that end, I need feedback if either:
You can host normally and people can connect to you, but Lackey tells you that you need proxy server.
or
You cannot host normally, but Lackey tells you can.
If either of those conditions is true, email me or post in this thread so that I can address the issue.
You can also IM me on AIM at Lykos4.

Please post bugs about this version of Lackey here, and include as much specifics as possible.
As a general reminder: If no one tells me about a bug, that bug goes unfixed. So please report all bugs.

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on February 22, 2011, 10:32:10 PM
BUGS:

1) Both players always roll the same results using the Roll D6 button. (If I roll a 5, my opponent will roll a 5 too.)

2) Unable to Scry (noticed by DaUrban during our game).
1. Will fix that.

2. How are you trying to do this exactly? There is a bug where the right click menu for the right card list doesn't show up, but the reveal top X functions work on the other zone tabs. Be more specific please.

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on February 23, 2011, 08:38:39 AM
Right click button.
So you were actually referring to the right click menu issue and not something specific to Reveal Top X stuff.

XoVeR

I think is what he is talking about is that when you go to the top right hand corner of your screen and try to right click your library so you can reveal to owner or to everyone top said X, it does not allow you to right click the library on the top right side, instead you now can only right click the library tag that is below your avatar to do that.

Mandurang

Just so people know, Trevor is aware of the "scry" right-click error, I informed him when he was online in the server.

Trevor

Quote from: Mandurang on February 28, 2011, 10:39:03 AM
Just so people know, Trevor is aware of the "scry" right-click error, I informed him when he was online in the server.
It's not a "scrye" error. It's a menu that didn't appear when you clicked on the right menu tabs. The menu comes up at other times so you can still do everything.

XoVeR

Quote from: Trevor on February 28, 2011, 10:52:09 AM
Quote from: Mandurang on February 28, 2011, 10:39:03 AM
It's not a "scrye" error. It's a menu that didn't appear when you clicked on the right menu tabs. The menu comes up at other times so you can still do everything.

We can still do everything, but people were used to being able to right click the top right side which is sort of easier to get to because the tab is bigger.  The library tab on the left side under your avatar is significantly smaller

Patoxic

Hi.

I am downloading the card images from :"Preferences/plugin/[Download all missing card iamges:]" from some naruto plugin.
This plugin has some broken card images, and when the program has to download one of this images it try and try and try (Error downloading...).
I think is better if the program just report the error and skip that images and keep going with the other cards.

And a suggestion. Maybe will be good a button to stop the downloading. Some time I want to stop it but I have to close lackey to do it.

thx, great program.

Trevor