News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

HELP!!!

Started by shane-e-ak, February 23, 2011, 10:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane-e-ak

I'm pulling my hair out!!! I've been using Lackeyccg for a few weeks now and love it but on 2-22-11 I was un-able to connect to a server (ERROR: un-able to find server list) and i cant figure out why. I have since un-installed and re-installed the latest version of Lackeyccg but it did not fix the problem. HELP PLEASE...

Trevor

The server was down briefly during that time.

shane-e-ak

Is it still down? I still get the error. I also get (ERROR: timed out while updateing the plugin) when i try to load the magic plugin.

Trevor

Whenever you can't connect, first make sure you are using the latest version of Lackey.

http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html

shane-e-ak

Trevor

shane-e-ak

I re-installed again and still no luck. Very confused  :)

dseries16

I too have had both problems for the past two days and I am starting to get a little annoyed.

Alastair

Ok for starters, reinstalling over and over is not going to magically make it start working. If you have verified that you have the latest version and that it is not corrupted (IE you are able to launch lackey with no warnings or errors) then you should be ok in the install department. If you are unable to connect to the server or download plugins, at that point you should check your firewall. For alot of people it's windows built in firewall. Others use Zone Alarm or Mcafee, etc... there's too many to put up an all inclusive guide. I personally have the windows firewall disabled and use Zone Alarm. For me I simply go into the interface for my firewall, go to the programs section and add LackeyCCG.exe as a trusted program for both incoming and outgoing connections. After that, make sure that your antivirus is not blocking lackey from connecting. This is uncommon, but not unheard of in some of the more paranoid antivirus setups.

Every now and then the lackey server will indeed be offline for a little while. If however it's been days or weeks for you, and you do not see a posting here on the forum from Trevor or myself about an extended downtime odds are the server is up. You can try to catch one of us on our messengers. Trevor uses AIM, I use all of them.

shane-e-ak

Thank you for your help, turns out I needed to updated my antivirus, thanks again.