News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Shuffling

Started by bkitko10, February 24, 2011, 02:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkitko10

Im just curious if anyone knows the specifics of how lackey actually shuffles cards. i seem to always draw the same cards consistently and never draw other certain cards.

Alastair

Oh boy is that a can of worms. This debate has been ongoing for many years in online games. The random-ness of a computerized random generator. We've also had extensive discussions of this here on the forums. I happen to be of the opinion that it isn't very random or that maybe the shuffler just hates me. Bottom line however is that unless you can provide statistical proof of an anomaly in the randomness of the shuffler to Trevor he's probably not going to adjust it further than it has been.

bkitko10

Haha i was actually thinkin of running a stats test on it. if i can remember how from my high school stats class

Trevor

I have already conducted numerous statistical tests. The results are always consistent with a perfect theoretical shuffle.

Lontime_goon

I remember awhile a go you posted the code. This seems to be a subject that comes up a lot, maybe it should be sticky. Maybe that would just cause more discussion than need. Just a thought