News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

My Unsolicited Advice on the Improvement of Lackey

Started by TookieWilliams, March 07, 2011, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TookieWilliams

Just like to list some things that I think would improve lackey.

1: Change the fan function so that it remembers the last time you set it.

2: Change the color of the counters to whatever it used to be. (I've noticed in recent releases the counters are harder to read) mebbe its my eyes 8)

3: An Erase All feature that erases all markings on the board.  (The current erase button could be changed to just erase your markings)

4: Now this may just be me but Lackey has a problem with atikmdag.sys video driver I have the most up to date version of this driver but its always causing lackey to crash, this is probly ati's fault not lackey's but thought id mention it incase there is some genious on here that can suggest for me a fix.

5: Fix the custom Skin creation previously used color buttons, they dont change color when you use them but if you click them it changes the color your using while simultaniously advancing the last used color.  :o That may be hard to understand but if i use blue then switch to red then i want to go back to using blue so i click on the 2nd last used color it will move the red to that position then blue will be in position 1 and 3. I hope that makes sence.  :P

The built in draftgenerator would be added to the list but i know your already workin on it.  I know thats a long list and your already working on things more importat but i just thought id mention these things that would improve the UI.  I may think of more later but thats all for now. Other users please feel free to expound on the list, i'm interested to see other suggestions.

TookieWilliams

P.S We love you Trevor  :-*

TookieWilliams

Oh yeah

6: Make the whisper function whisper to people in games.

Trevor

Fan is now fixed in the soon to be released version.

Not sure what you mean about counter colors. Are you talking about text or circles? If text, try increasing the font size for them in the preferences.

There is already a number ways of erasing all marks on the table (the exes and arrows). I usually just hit escape key, but you can also click the Erase button at the top of the table, and some other ways too.

I don't know about your driver. Try googling a solution.

I'll work on skins quite a bit later. I don't think people use them much and I've got other things to do.

I can make a whisper function in games, but this is going to have to wait until more important/cool stuff is done.

TookieWilliams

Awsome about fan fix

When i was talking about erase the erase button erases all markings would like to be able to erase just my markings.

Meant text ill try that

Google holds all the answers, exept for this lol.

KK skins not that improtant.

Whisper function would be super cool for getting someones attention in a game or whispering strategy in multiplayer.

Trevor

Quote from: TookieWilliams on March 07, 2011, 05:27:02 PM
Awsome about fan fix

When i was talking about erase the erase button erases all markings would like to be able to erase just my markings.

Meant text ill try that

Google holds all the answers, exept for this lol.

KK skins not that improtant.

Whisper function would be super cool for getting someones attention in a game or whispering strategy in multiplayer.
Markings are intended to be impermanent, so I think it's fine to just have the option to erase all markings. Otherwise it complicates the interface a bit, and I don't quite think the utility it provides is worth that.

Until I add whispers in game, you can always whisper on the server. Or voice chat is the best.

TookieWilliams

Oh thought of another one, in deck editor if you arrange by converted mana cost it displays anything with cost 10 or greater in the 1's instead up above the 9's not sure if this is a lackey thing or a plugin thing but that would be a small but nice improvement.

Picks-at-Flies

That's because Lackey doesn't differentiate between text and numbers for sorting.  Curiously it does for > and <.

Trevor

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on March 18, 2011, 07:43:27 PM
That's because Lackey doesn't differentiate between text and numbers for sorting.  Curiously it does for > and <.
The issue is lists of numbers are always just numbers. Also, plugins don't define in a column should be treated as if everything is a number.