I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 03-19-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, March 17, 2011, 11:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I fixed a few bugs. I am also testing a new way to do a proxy server need test.

Post bugs you find here.

EDIT: I reposted this with a fix to a major bug, but I made the date 3-19-11. I realize this is tomorrow, but just download the 3-19-11 one.

King of Celulamos

Despite having updated, when attempting to connect to the server, I get an error stating my version is outdated. 

Trevor

Quote from: King of Celulamos on March 17, 2011, 11:15:41 PM
Despite having updated, when attempting to connect to the server, I get an error stating my version is outdated.
What build date does your say at the top? What method did you use to update? Try clearing your internet cache and trying again.

King of Celulamos

Ah, it's the 3/13 build.  I downloaded it from the Lackey main page.  Where/How do I get the newest update? 

King of Celulamos

Bob the Builder

tryed clearing the cache on mine . used autoupdater.. still on the 3-13 build. tryed to connect to server,, didnt work.. got the error message.. what should i do..

Trevor

Quote from: Bob the Builder on March 18, 2011, 10:24:54 AM
tryed clearing the cache on mine . used autoupdater.. still on the 3-13 build. tryed to connect to server,, didnt work.. got the error message.. what should i do..
If autoupdater doesn't work, manually update. Just take the new exe and put it in your old lackey folder.

Hiryu

Last night, I updated to the newest version of Lackey. After that, I tried to connect to the server, but Lackey instantly crashes when I connect.

Trevor

Picks-at-Flies

Four things, all a bit fluffy.

- The symbol "?" doesn't appear in the spoilers within Lackey itself (as opposed to "-").  It would help if I knew where I got it from.

- Sometimes, moving a card from your hand to a face down zone tells your opponents you are moving it from the table (not your hand) and so tells your opponent what you are moving.  Unfortunately, I haven't managed to trace the exact circumstances so this is a call to anyone who spots it to uncover which exact action causes it.

- If you turn on card text, it gives you spoilers for your opponents face down cards where the set file specifies a card back.  Under the circumstances, I think that it shouldn't be fixed but should go into the documentation.

- The section on making Checksums appears to have vanished:
http://lackeyccg.com/plugintutorial.html#gettingchecksums

Cheers,
PaF

Melkor1010

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on March 19, 2011, 10:36:41 AM
Four things, all a bit fluffy.

- Sometimes, moving a card from your hand to a face down zone tells your opponents you are moving it from the table (not your hand) and so tells your opponent what you are moving.  Unfortunately, I haven't managed to trace the exact circumstances so this is a call to anyone who spots it to uncover which exact action causes it.

Hm.  I may have noticed something that relates to this.  I was playing an opponent who was using a pyromancer ascension list.  He casted "See Beyond."  He drew 2 cards, and then shuffled a card from his hand into this library, but lackey told me that he shuffled away an into the roil.  IDK if that helps...I also don't believe it's doing that every game...

Iceclaw

Quote- If you turn on card text, it gives you spoilers for your opponents face down cards where the set file specifies a card back.  Under the circumstances, I think that it shouldn't be fixed but should go into the documentation.

It actually applies to cards that are in a players owned, but concealed to them zone.  I'd like to see this fixed so I can use the correct card backs on all types of cards, without revealing the cards inadvertantly. It's perfectly fine for the one card that's got a clearly unique card-back image to be revealed, but when 14 of them are the same, and you can see which one is coming next just by turning on card text.. that's just not right.

Picks-at-Flies

It looks like we have a clash of purposes then, since in Rage some of our double-sided cards need spoilers (Characters have both sides visible) while others like combat cards need to be invisible when turned over.  Luckily the third type of card (Sept cards) don't need to be hidden when turned face down so I can give each of those their own card back and leave combat cards to the default.

How many standard card backs does your game have?  Which game is it?

Iceclaw

Sounds like the solution is simple. Obey the 'visible to owner' 'visible to all' flags in 'text only' mode. If the neither flag is set, show only the cardback for the image, not the name or other card data until the card is moved somewhere where the card is visible to you. As for what I'm working on, Munchkin. 

Cardbacks (Door, Treasure, Fairy Dust, Spell, Dungeon); Standard 5 cardbacks. ; Munchkinomicon is a card with 2 major sides, containing a rules summary on one side, and a standard style image on the other. This is the card that doesn't matter that it's identifyable from the card back image, after all it's placed on top of the Treasures deck at the start of the game after setup is complete.

The 14 Fairy Dust and 14 spell cards are the only ones I'd applied card backs to, so they were the only ones I'd noticed the issue on yet.

Technically each Genre has its own card backs, for just doors, treasures, dungeons for now, but applying genre specific cardbacks really doesn't have a whole lot of purpose, except in blender games.

Trevor

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on March 19, 2011, 10:36:41 AM

- The section on making Checksums appears to have vanished:
http://lackeyccg.com/plugintutorial.html#gettingchecksums
/mkupdate plugins/PLUGINNAME/updatelist.txt
That makes a file called updatelistNEW.txt, and that is the ame as updatelist.txt, except it has the checksums.