Not sure if this is the right place for a suggestion

Started by Vulfie, March 26, 2011, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulfie

I didn't see a place for suggestions on here, so I guess it would fit in here.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a small feature. Right now, the buttons to add counters to things are simply +1 and -1. While that alone is wonderful, I was wondering if it were possible to add a feature that would be "add X" or "set to" green or red counters, but instead of having a drop down that only goes to a certain number, like the "Reveal to..." under zones, have a pop up that will let you set a typed in number, much like the life on the side.

The reason I ask this is I have a combo in a favorite extended deck of mine(Battlegrace Angel + Cradle of Vitality + many more exalted triggers and Finest Hour) and it allows a creature to gain hundreds of +1/+1 counters. To be honest, while just playing around with it today, I got up to needing 842 before I decided not to wear my mouse button out any further at 600. I know I could just use the "edit note" function, but that often is harder to take notice of at a glance. I included a screen shot of exactly what the field looked like at the time I stopped.

Trevor

Right click a card and choose Set to X.
If that isnt a large enough number, then use a note. If that is too tedious, it probably is essentially an arbitrarily large number any way and it wouldn't really matter. As a rule of thumb, you can probably stop counting when you get to a few hundred.

Remember that every time I add more functionality to the interface, I need to weigh that against the added complexity to the interface. If the utility provided isn't worth the complexity, I won't add it. It I let people do anythign they wanted, the interface would be so bloated it would be unusable.

I think right now there are plenty of ways you can make do, even more easily than you could with real life cards.

Vulfie

DemonicSei-Thanks. I tend to switch backgrounds based on the deck I am playing, just like with playmats in real life. The Battlegrace is for my angel deck, the cause of counter woes...
Trevor-Thanks for the ideas, I forgot there was the little drop down box for set x. Its gotten so bad before in real life that I just write the number of counters on a piece of paper and put it on the card. And I completely understand about the functionality thing. Thank for for responding to the idea all the same!