News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic Set Editor and You

Started by Gattison, April 02, 2011, 09:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gattison

I am looking at MSE and am trying to figure out how to upload my own card templates to make my own original cards.  I'm not able to find any coding or anything to look at to see how they're set up.  I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'd appreciate advice on how to get started using MSE, or at least how to insert my own card designs rather than use one from Magic or Vs or YGO.

Please help.  Thanks alot.

Alastair

You'd probably have much better luck seeking help on the forum for MSE.

Gattison

I'm sure I would, but they are being particularly spammer-paranoid at the moment.  You have to wait for manual confirmation of membership.  That's why i'm giving this a shot.

GnKoichi

To be honest, when I was looking into this problem about a year ago, the MSE community was not helpful at all. If anyone here does know their way around the program and could help Gattison out, it will probably be better than him having to deal with those forums.

mathman1550

I have worked a bit with MSE in the past so if you have a specific question I can try to answer, but I may take a couple days to answer since I am in the process of moving right now.

One thing I will say right off is that MSE can get really technical quite quickly for those who are programming in their own new card designs, so if you are not computer savvy then you will not want to proceed.

Cyrus

Quote from: Gattison on April 02, 2011, 09:55:48 PM
...how to insert my own card designs...

This equals

Quote from: mathman1550 on April 04, 2011, 09:00:45 AM
...MSE can get really technical quite quickly for those who are programming in their own new card designs, so if you are not computer savvy then you will not want to proceed.

That^

The designer of that program needs make it so you can drag-and-drop new stuff onto any card template...even though that's probably a huge amount of work for him to do with no pay :/

Gattison

Quote from: mathman1550 on April 04, 2011, 09:00:45 AM
I have worked a bit with MSE in the past so if you have a specific question I can try to answer, but I may take a couple days to answer since I am in the process of moving right now.

One thing I will say right off is that MSE can get really technical quite quickly for those who are programming in their own new card designs, so if you are not computer savvy then you will not want to proceed.

I am currently under the impression I am computer savvy enough... though who knows what a man's limits truly are...  I obviously am not rushing this project at any great speed, so hopefully when I am ready, you will be willing to receive a few inquisitive PMs.  Thank you for you offer to help btw, and yes, I want to start off as difficult as possible... as in I still must make the art for the card template.  I have the cards, and I must first accustom myself to Lackey, then I'll move on to MSE.

Dragoon

You need to be pretty computer savvy to convert templates. Anyway, if you want to do so, you need to have a) your own game templates (A GAME, not just another magic template) and b) Notepad++ (Which you will have if you created your own game templates)

Attached is the some (crappy) template I use for export. Download it, and put it in the map /Magic Set Editor/Data/<gamename>-lackeyccg.mse-export-template/

Change the specified stuff.

After the file is done, you open MSE, open your game. Then go to export>export to lackey and export.

PM me if you have questions.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

cap.tiny

so unless your good with programing you cant upload your own templates to MSE?

Picks-at-Flies

Basic templating in MSE largely requires the same skillset as using CSS to design webpages:  the ability to be able concept a visual layout in terms of text and numbers.  More advanced templating does lead you into coding though, and this includes export templates.  Since you can mostly copy and paste from existing files (like Dragoon's above), it's mainly a willingness to look at code and try and work out how it works.