I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 04-06-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, April 06, 2011, 08:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I just posted a new version with several bug fixes and such. I'll post more later. The LackeyCCG Updater.exe is working so you can update that way.

Let me know about bugs with this version.

Chris

Hi Trevor,
I hadn't used Lackey in a while but when I picked it up again today I decided to update to the latest version.
I usually run Lackey from a portable HD, so that I can take it with me wherever I go ;).
After installing the new version however on my USB HD, every time Lackey reads something from disk (such as settings on startup and card images or info during use) it tries to access my floppy drive. My USB HD is at O: and floppy at A:.
I thought that it could perhaps be some conflict with old settings so I did a completely fresh install in a separate directory but this gives the same effect.
A fresh install on my local D: disk does not have this issue.

Trevor

Quote from: Chris on April 06, 2011, 04:44:44 PM
Hi Trevor,
I hadn't used Lackey in a while but when I picked it up again today I decided to update to the latest version.
I usually run Lackey from a portable HD, so that I can take it with me wherever I go ;).
After installing the new version however on my USB HD, every time Lackey reads something from disk (such as settings on startup and card images or info during use) it tries to access my floppy drive. My USB HD is at O: and floppy at A:.
I thought that it could perhaps be some conflict with old settings so I did a completely fresh install in a separate directory but this gives the same effect.
A fresh install on my local D: disk does not have this issue.
I'll take a look at this.

institute

Hi Trevor,

I was attempting to roll 6 14-sided dice (/roll d4 6) and kept getting the same results everytime. I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Picks-at-Flies

Viewing the top card of my opponents library, choosing Send to TOP of [opponent]'s GRAVEYARD [i.e. a location which is visible to all]

It doesn't say which card has been moved, just "puts the revealed card".  I know it's petty, feel free to stick it on one side until there's a bunch of context messages to fix.
Edit:  that's for both (all) players.

Trevor

Quote from: institute on April 07, 2011, 10:08:38 AM
Hi Trevor,

I was attempting to roll 6 14-sided dice (/roll d4 6) and kept getting the same results everytime. I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks
Fixed.

chazz

i have tried for a few days now to update not sure if it is a update bug or something i did but here is a screen shot attachment of my error prompt

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

Quote from: chazz on April 08, 2011, 12:17:55 AM
i have tried for a few days now to update not sure if it is a update bug or something i did but here is a screen shot attachment of my error prompt
A quick google search reveals:
"This means the installer tries to replace a file that is currently in use by another program."

Close all programs and retry, and if for some reason you still get the same error, relaunch your computer.

d3vtr0n

im not sure if its something to do with my computer, but about half the time when i copy a word and paste it into a text box with "command V"(im on a mac) it instantly closes the program.

Trevor

Quote from: d3vtr0n on April 12, 2011, 10:38:06 PM
im not sure if its something to do with my computer, but about half the time when i copy a word and paste it into a text box with "command V"(im on a mac) it instantly closes the program.
Where exactly are you pasting, and was is in your clipboard? I think it may have something to do with the contents of the clipboard. If you notice it crash, try to get the exact same thing in your clipboard and paste again and see if it causes another crash.

d3vtr0n

Quote from: Trevor on April 13, 2011, 12:33:03 AM
Quote from: d3vtr0n on April 12, 2011, 10:38:06 PM
Where exactly are you pasting, and was is in your clipboard? I think it may have something to do with the contents of the clipboard. If you notice it crash, try to get the exact same thing in your clipboard and paste again and see if it causes another crash.

it happens when pasting a url into either the deck editor or the space where you load an avatar via url
its never happened with the same image or deck twice, so its probably a clipboard issue

AdLit

When I join the server and go to host a game, it tells me I must test to see if I need a proxy server.  Once I click on the test button, though, it just sits there testing, it doesn't seem to end.  I tried exiting and rejoining, and I get the same problem.

Any ideas?

AdLit

Update: Seems it just took longer than it did in previous versions.  After about 3 minutes it finished the test and worked like normal.

Incidentally, it always seems to require a proxy server.  Why is that?

Thanks,

-A

Gordon228

this is a bug i just noticed but is hard to see if you have the right panel either small or in the other section and that is in solitaire when you switch to the test dummy the name on the right panel stays the same but when you use the arrows it changes like it's meant to. i just thought you should know.