LackeyCCG Forum > Tabletop Games Forum

Things Lackey needs to (better) support tabletop games

(1/4) > >>

Trevor:
I am adding an oft requested feature presently: PNG with transparency support. This will help make tabletop games look a lot cooler in Lackey. I've done some of this so far, and it looks really cool, especially in combination with the 3D engine I have.

I am adding improved grid functionality, including measuring tools. Several games have figurines stand on a checkerboard of sorts, and a figure will have a certain range. A measure tool will be helpful for using a system like that, and I'm working on making it work with a bunch of different styles of games.

At present, all cards on the table are automatically scaled to be the same size. But with tokens, some pieces are supposed to be larger than others, and there are mechanics that rely on this. I will add the option for images to remember their scale relative to a reference image. So if the reference image file is size X, and the figuring image is size 2X, you will see that figurine twice as large as the reference image.

If you can think of other things that I can add to support playing a tabletop game, post about it here.

d3vtr0n:
thank you so much for taking time to add these features(whenever it happens).
adding table top games to lackey will make it even more enjoyable

Picks-at-Flies:
This might be already covered:
- Ways for backgrounds to be auto-loaded based on plugininfo (not all games, just some)
- To make sure that each piece for each player is shown on the same 'square' of the bg.

d3vtr0n:
just thought of something

maybe have some sort of map maker, where you get to place tiles to make rivers, mountains, forests, so on and so forth
some characters in table top games get boosts from being on certain terrain, so itd be cool to incorporate it into the game

Trevor:

--- Quote from: d3vtr0n on April 14, 2011, 04:25:24 PM ---just thought of something

maybe have some sort of map maker, where you get to place tiles to make rivers, mountains, forests, so on and so forth
some characters in table top games get boosts from being on certain terrain, so itd be cool to incorporate it into the game

--- End quote ---
That's more of a plugin specific thing. I would imagine people will make those things with photoshop or something similar. Lackey will have improved grids and things, but I don't intend to get into too much of the nitty gritty of content creation via Lackey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version