LackeyCCG Forum > Tabletop Games Forum

Things Lackey needs to (better) support tabletop games

<< < (2/4) > >>

d3vtr0n:

--- Quote from: Trevor on April 14, 2011, 06:24:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: d3vtr0n on April 14, 2011, 04:25:24 PM ---just thought of something

maybe have some sort of map maker, where you get to place tiles to make rivers, mountains, forests, so on and so forth
some characters in table top games get boosts from being on certain terrain, so itd be cool to incorporate it into the game

--- End quote ---
That's more of a plugin specific thing. I would imagine people will make those things with photoshop or something similar. Lackey will have improved grids and things, but I don't intend to get into too much of the nitty gritty of content creation via Lackey.

--- End quote ---

so i take it you'll allow a way for a ttg(table top game) designer to incorporate map creation in the updates?

Trevor:

--- Quote from: d3vtr0n on April 14, 2011, 07:32:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Trevor on April 14, 2011, 06:24:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: d3vtr0n on April 14, 2011, 04:25:24 PM ---just thought of something

maybe have some sort of map maker, where you get to place tiles to make rivers, mountains, forests, so on and so forth
some characters in table top games get boosts from being on certain terrain, so itd be cool to incorporate it into the game

--- End quote ---
That's more of a plugin specific thing. I would imagine people will make those things with photoshop or something similar. Lackey will have improved grids and things, but I don't intend to get into too much of the nitty gritty of content creation via Lackey.

--- End quote ---

so i take it you'll allow a way for a ttg(table top game) designer to incorporate map creation in the updates?

--- End quote ---
Creation of maps will not be directly related to lackey. A plugin make can make a map, and one of the new functions I will enable is the ability to load a playmat to your opponent, so you both have the same one.

d3vtr0n:
oh cool, that'd be really cool

thanks for taking all the time to make lackey such a great game

Alastair:
I know you mentioned using a grid for position, what  you might want to remember when coming up with it is that some games use a square grid, others use a hex-grid. So that should be kept in mind when designing the additions.

Trevor:

--- Quote from: Alastair on April 15, 2011, 11:49:20 AM ---I know you mentioned using a grid for position, what  you might want to remember when coming up with it is that some games use a square grid, others use a hex-grid. So that should be kept in mind when designing the additions.

--- End quote ---
Oh, good point. Can you give me a specific game?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version